Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Sequel? I hardly know her

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HazelRah

Sequel? I hardly know her  Reply with quote  

So....how are we enjoying the new book?
Sure it's a sequel...but, it's a Moore sequel! ....a shiny candy like sequel.Mmmm precioussessss *pets the pages" OW!! Darn papercut.

I was chatting with another of my recent converts to the wonderful world of Moore and the subject of his sequels,current and forthcoming, came up.

Which then led to the not so laughable idea of a sequel to Lamb.
Why spoil the memory of that meal by having reheated McDonalds Apple pie for dessert?

However ,remakes, redo's and sequels are inevitable these days ,...so, if he were to write one, how might he pull it off?

I tossed the thought around and here is my take:

Since the first book was about Jesus's life, perhaps the second could be about the message?Especially how it has been treated through the ages. Imagine Mary and Biff,now living a life together in todays time, who were there in the first place, seeing how members of the modern world misinterpret and misrepresent the message.Could lead to some hilarious commentary.
I could see Mary becoming an advocate towards clearing up the misunderstandings.Biff ,of course, would follow along like a puppy dog,getting into all sorts of trouble along the way.Toss in another immaculate conception via a reality tv show and we could have a play on the concept of the second coming.

Foolish thought, I know. But, what would you think could make for an interesting read?

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MrEMann

This actually came up in conversation with the AG here in Seattle. The answer is no, not really, likely never and don't ask again because no.

I paraphrase, to be certain, but you get the point.

As for the new book, aint started it yet, so I couldn't tell you.

Post Sun May 04, 2014 9:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko

He said pretty much the same thing in Phoenix... with strong emphasis on the "Don't ask again!" part.

However, he did say something to the effect of: (and I'm paraphrasing, here, because I can't remember exactly how he said it, but this is close) I will NEVER write a sequel to Lamb... okay, I shouldn't say that... If I somehow lose all my money, and I'm living on the street without a penny to my name, begging for food, and somebody comes up to me and offers me a whole bunch of money to write [a sequel to Lamb]. I just might think about it.

So there IS hope for a Lamb sequel, after all!

Laughing Laughing

Post Mon May 05, 2014 5:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: