Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Stupid people who are Canadian and how they hate me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sephonae

MrEMann wrote:
actually, according to most of the internet and even some Russian message boards

Quote:
Origins -- eponymous of Tramponi Stampezius, a Roman general in charge of moral, recreation and welfare in ancient Gaul, circa 220 A.D. During Roman occupation he regulated female camp followers, requiring them to have a small tattoo on their lower back and to pay taxes. This lower back tattoo, originally called a “Tramponi Stampezius” was later shortened to “tramp stamp”.

::groans::

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wonko

I guess that page 229 is as far as this thread will get. as everyone has abandoned the site, completely.

(except for the occasional fan fic post by starchild)

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kennyjb

Abandoned? Not exactly. I'm here on my annual pilgrimage to Fruitbatville. I'm happy to report that during the last year, I was able to get AG to "like" one of my Facebook posts. A far cry from the days when he would routinely chime in on our ridiculousness around here, I know, but it reminded me of those halcyon days of yore.

By the by, Mr. Wonko, I just re-read the Hitchhiker's Guide Trilogy (all 5 books!), and came across your namesake, "The Sane". A lightbulb suddenly went on, however dim, as I finally put together the connection between your screen name and your old avatar. I mean I knew the avatar was Adams-related, but I never remembered that particular character. Well, you know, nothing gets past me for more than a decade...

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
MrEMann

Hey hey! This thread aint dead. It just might pick up steam once again.

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

...*snort*...whzzt?...mamma, I don't wanna go ta school...*sniff*... Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
MrEMann

Wingnut wrote:
...*snort*...whzzt?...mamma, I don't wanna go ta school...*sniff*... Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

"you get your clothes on and get your little butt ready for school."

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: