Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Question:

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Regina

Question:  Reply with quote  

Do any of you experience a wierd sense of guilt when you spend a whole day reading for sheer pleasure without working on you own stuff at all?

It's very odd- I'm hoping this is a one time deal... the guilt part I mean Wink

Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Yes, but since I don't work on my own stuff anyway it's just guilt for guilts sake.

Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jaandlu

Readers Anonymous  Reply with quote  

Regina,
You poor thing. You need to start by admitting you have a problem. Then we can work on helping you. I would like to let you know that there is life outside of books. I'm not 100% sure yet but that's what they tell me at R.A. I'm sure they have a support group in your area. I would love to be your sponsor. For now I want you to just try to hang in there. Try putting the book down between chapters, if only for a moment. Eventually, though you may not be able to stop, you can bring it under control. And don't be ashamed. It is a disease. Though not usually curable it can be suppressed so you can function as a normal human being. As to the guilt, just consider it an early warning sign. It may pass but if it does you will know you are lost forever.

Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: