Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Compound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ferrit Leggings

Come one, come all, and watch a goat blow up balloons

By Timothy Cook
Staff Writer

A goat that blows up balloons will be one of the attractions at the 115th annual Delaware County Fair, being held in Walton starting Sunday night and concluding Saturday night.

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/stories/2001/08/11/delfair.html

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

John wrote:
Also, I think we should nominate Sutu for the job of disembodied psychic presence at the compound.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good idea! John, you never fail to amuse me.

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

Re: My nominations.  Reply with quote  

Hillary wrote:
for the compound staff:
Knight Protector of the Funny - FattyFattyPorkFace. With a name like that, how can we go wrong?

Oooo, I have a title. Does this come with responsibility? I'm not sure I'm ready for responsibility. Can I just be the person who wanders around in a daze, occasionally saying funny random stuff and making fart jokes? Ok, maybe not fart jokes...but jokes none-the-less. I can wear costumes...Tuesdays can be zombie day...and on Thursdays, a cowboy.

Boy, oh boy...I can't wait. Where's my Teletubby costume? Oh geez, AG....

Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Timmy

Goats, and my nomination!  Reply with quote  

Howdy all! Fatty, you know my position on goats.....but if you go with me...I might be inclined to go see one blow up a balloon......I wonder what a goat sounds like when breathing helium.......hum.......

Also, on my recent nomination by Hillary to the compound staff....You Da-Man....Da-WO-man that is......oh and I'm a pacifist so no fear from me being violent....but I got a guy down here that will do "anything" for $150.00 so if anyone needs someone offed just let me know......comes in handy for domestic issues, neighbors....that kind of thing....

Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hillary

Re: My nominations.  Reply with quote  

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Hillary wrote:
for the compound staff:
Knight Protector of the Funny - FattyFattyPorkFace. With a name like that, how can we go wrong?

Oooo, I have a title. Does this come with responsibility? I'm not sure I'm ready for responsibility. Can I just be the person who wanders around in a daze, occasionally saying funny random stuff and making fart jokes? Ok, maybe not fart jokes...but jokes none-the-less. I can wear costumes...Tuesdays can be zombie day...and on Thursdays, a cowboy.

Boy, oh boy...I can't wait. Where's my Teletubby costume? Oh geez, AG....

Isn't this what you already do? The wandering and fart joke bit, I mean?

Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bugdog

Can I be the Master of the Obvious?

I have several phrases handy for just such an occasion, including the following sample phrases:
"That had to hurt."
"That's going to leave a mark."
"It beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."
"We just put that there yesterday."
"You know, that monitor will work a lot better if you plug it in."
"DSL works better with a dial tone."
"No, the Internet is not down."

... oh wait. I'm channeling my help desk self again. Damnit.

Really, y'all can call me MOO bugdog for short.

(I'm all for life in a compound at this point, especially with people who actually read books. Oh, I can make the network go if I can come play too!)

Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

Think insane. wrote:

Crazy Brit or gay Canadian? Hmmmm...choices choices... Wink Very Happy

Please can I have a compound? It's not fair. I'm going to go and pluck hairs from the necks of orphaned chimpanzees just to pass the time and put my world perspective back in place.

You'll just have to pack your shit and move, like all the other right-thinking Uker's have done. Although the very smartest of us did it as wee little children, but it's not to late. You'll like it here. The food doesn't suck, eventually you'll stop talking funny and guys will no longer assume you're gay, and until that happens, chicks will dig the way you talk and easy women will want to know you better. It's win-win!

Very Happy

Looks like I ended up taking your advice....I am sickened.

Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ginjg

Looks like I ended up taking your advice....I am sickened.

We are all still at least several thousand miles from the compound. You, like the rest of us, are merely in stasis, awaiting the mighty AG's call to converge.

At that moment, western civilization will be forever changed as all its best members abandon their alter-egos and turn to the task of subjugating the world to the AG's grand vision.

Or we'll drink some punch and barbeque the neighbor's paint spattered chickens.

Wink

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: