Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

professions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Think insane.

Dave wrote:
bugdog wrote:
*Cluebats may be used to strike a clue into the heads of those who have either NO clue or insufficient clue.

Heh.. We have a "clue stick" at work. An ~4 inch diameter, 6 foot long Nerf thing. No idea what it was designed for but people who do stupid stuff get biffed with it.

We have something similar, but we call it an ASP. A can of OC can be substituted as well, in a pinch. And of course, the taser is always a good choice for those truly clueless coworkers (hours of pure entertainment fun for those boring night shifts).

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gretchenfaith

I'm an attorney - I do foreclosures and divorces, so, basically, I am very easy to hate.

To make up for the misery I cause, I do adoptions whenever they come my way.

Post Wed May 25, 2005 9:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jewbacca

I've been an intern at LAFCO of Napa County for the last year and a half (I'm trying to drag a one year internship out for as long as I can cause it pays well and I get to sit in front of a computer and talk to you guys).

So whats a LAFCO? It stands for Local Area Formation Comission and we handle stuff like proposed annexations to Napa County and whatnot. It's pretty boring, but at least I don't have to ask, "do you want fries with that?" like most of my other friends.

Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
knikkki

I am a global account director for a large travel company, basically I manage the relationship between my company, and my clients who happens to be a Fortune 100 company.

What does this mean?

Well, I work from home so what it means is ... I sit around in my boxers all day and make decisions. Currently, I'm wearing boxers with craps dice all over them and a Lucky High Roller's club tank top. I should probably be in Vegas. Nobody would miss me if I was gone.

I work with 50 countries, so I get to face all sorts of cultural challenges. One time I guess I pissed off a Japanese guy, and he sent me an e-mail telling me that we eat with forks and they eat with chopsticks. It's been two years, I'm still not sure what the point of that was except maybe he thought I truly didn't know that.

I've been doing this for 22 years. I'm done done done done done done done done. I'm always blown away by the insignificance of corporate travel. I don't think people should have to risk their lives to attend a BS Dilbert meeting. I lost a client on 9/11 (the Let's Roll guy) so I tend to be particularly sensitive about it. And I know that any pilot would tell me that the most dangerous part of flying is the drive to the airport, blah blah blah.

Silver tube, 300 people, in the air, over water. I'm not convinced.

I still like to travel though ... I'm going to a Dilbert meeting in Prague in September, and I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jaandlu

I'm a freelance pro tools enginer. Which means I'm broke alot. So I also help run a yoga studio with all kinds of director, composer, and actor types. (For instance Nick Marck who directed several Buffy episodes.) Very Happy

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: