Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Parallels with engineering...

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FattyFattyPorkFace

Parallels with engineering...  Reply with quote  

Wow, I spent two hours plotting my book last night. I have written 3 chapters and got to the point where I needed to know a little more about what was going on so I started plotting.

I have discovered that working as a Software Engineer has actually stood me in good stead. The problems are different but the feeling you get when you know you've got the right solution is the same if not better.

Anyway, now, except for a few points (one important plot thread), I think I know exactly what happens when and by who and I had to share. The bit I haven't worked out is because I have the general idea and a few solutions but none quite fit how I want them to. The whole process last night felt like when I write songs; it's as though the song is already written and somehow, you just plug into whatever it is that has written it and copy it down. Way cool...is writing this exciting for everyone or is it just me? I don't even care if I write a turkey!

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
y

Show off.

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:19 am   View user's profile Send private message
Regina

Ahhh... I love when stuff like that happens... its soo cool...

Anyway- to answer the question - Yes.

tee hee Smile

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

I love a good writing flow and I'm not even a writer. It's just exciting to see a creation start to move on it's own.

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: