Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

BEA swag

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lauren

BEA swag  Reply with quote  

Hey, Chris, if they let you wander the halls of BEA and pick up swag, see if you can find the Warner Books table. It may be hidden under "Time Warner Book Group", or "The Publisher Formerly Known as AOL Time Warner" or some variation thereof. If you can get your hands on a galley of "The Book of the Film of the Story of My Life" by William Brandt, I think you might like it. I just finished it and it reminded me a little of Nick Hornby.

Basically, a script reader (who wants to be a producer, but that's not working out) mistakenly receives an invitation to an all-expenses paid birthday bash for one of his estranged wife's film industry friends. He decides to go in order to confront said estranged wife and the actor she left him for, but he can't go alone. So he hires a prostitute (who happens to be a huge fan of the wife's films) to play his new girlfriend so he can win back his wife.

There's a reason I don't write blurbs or catalog copy. I've done this no justice. Amazon UK does a much better job.

Post Thu May 27, 2004 8:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Robb

Sounds like a good read, As for adaptable clothing I recommend Gortex for just about anything especially if you can get something like what we wear, the sucker has vents to keep cool and we wear it in the artic. You can add layers under it to keep warm in a variety of places and unlike leather (which looks cool yes but..) it won't mold. plus it's easier to wash. So yes layers remember your layers. and your galoshes young man... Laughing

If you haven't got your packing done here's a suggestion.
1 medium backpack
3 t-shirts
4 pr drawers (if you wear such things)
1 pair jeans
2 shorts (one pair comfortable to sleep in one for stylin)
1 sweatshirt
4 pr socks ( or you can cheat, hit a walmart and for 5 bucks you can get a six pack of new socks save on washing.)
1 pr shower shoes/flip flops (it's an army thing you can find em for a quarter)
pers. hygiene stuff, walkman or entertainment items as needed.
Worn: Jacket big enough to wear layers under
T-shirt and flannel
jeans or whatever you would wear infront of the audience.
socks and comfortable shoes
dog tags...wait you don't need those do you...sorry.
Figure that would do you for the trip your taking anyway. Have fun!

Post Sun May 30, 2004 2:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: