Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Here

'bout time for a NEW Story Tag, wouldn'tcha say?...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dave S.

Does Chapter 1 determine the story line?....  Reply with quote  

...Yes, pretty much. Read "Buffet the Vampire Slayer" and "The Muddled Ages" for an idea of how it's gone in the past. But, on the other hand, it's not against the rules to kill off characters and throw in twists and such. Keep in mind, the story probably won't end up that great if every chapter does a complete 180 plotwise from the previous chapter. So definitely read all the previous chapters before you begin writing and try to continue the story from there.

Post Sun May 23, 2004 4:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dave S.

Re: Tag  Reply with quote  

kjs237 wrote:
I'm new but do y'all mind if I'm in?

Newbies are welcome Smile

Post Sun May 23, 2004 4:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kjs237

Okay then!  Reply with quote  

Count me in.

Post Sun May 23, 2004 10:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
disco

me too  Reply with quote  

Count me in too.

Post Sun May 23, 2004 3:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JDJinTX

Buffet was fun, I'll try again!

jdj

Post Mon May 24, 2004 2:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Paul R

I would be happy to participate.

cheers

Paul R

Post Tue May 25, 2004 7:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
John

How should we start?

Post Tue May 25, 2004 11:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hillary

I think Dave S starts writing, stops writing, and then tells someone to pick it up.

Timeline on this, Dave?

Post Tue May 25, 2004 11:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dave S.

revised rules and such...  Reply with quote  

I started writing the prologue and chapter 1 yesterday.

Originally I said 48 hours per chapter (or turn) but I'm thinking 72 hours would be a little more flexible. And with Elliots situation, we should allow more time for him. So let's go with a 72 hour timeline per person.

This doesn't mean anyone should get all gestapo about it. Let's keep it somewhat flexible (we all have lives, well most of us anyway. Wink ) 72 hours is just what each of us should try to finish our chapters in. If it's a little late, no big deal.

On the other hand, if one participant is taking more than a week and hasn't contacted the board at all, then we'll skip that person and choose someone else to write that chapter.

When I'm finished writing chapter 1, I'm going to post it and choose someone to write chapter 2. When that person has posted chapter 2, that person will choose someone else to write chapter 3 and so on - like playing tag.

No one will be chosen twice until everyone has written a chapter.

No one may end the story until everyone else has written a chapter.

When we get to the last person, that person may end the story OR choose someone to write another chapter.

Once we've gone around once (everyone's written at least one chapter) Anyone may end the story on their turn.

If we've gone around TWICE and the story hasn't ended yet, the last person chosen on the second round MUST end the story.

I think that's about it for rules, if anyone else has any suggestions on rules, feel free to chime in. I should be finished chapter 1 in a couple days, I'll post it in another thread in this forum when it's ready.

Post Wed May 26, 2004 4:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JDJinTX

How about a hint about this story's topic? If I have to purchase plane tickets to facilitate my preparation/research it's so much cheaper to start now...

jdj

Post Wed May 26, 2004 9:53 am   View user's profile Send private message
Alan

I'm in now that i see it's 72 hours to write.

Post Wed May 26, 2004 10:13 am   View user's profile Send private message
Dave S.

JDJinTX wrote:
How about a hint about this story's topic? If I have to purchase plane tickets to facilitate my preparation/research it's so much cheaper to start now...

jdj

It's called "Road Rage". The prologue describes a road (called "The Boulevard") where most of the story will take place. Chapter 1 is called "Morons and Assholes" and introduces 10 crazy characters. The characters are from different walks of life and their paths will cross on The Boulevard.

So far the ideas are inspired by Hiaasen or maybe Dave Barry's "Big Trouble".

Of course, this being Story Tag, it could end up being about something else completely.

Post Wed May 26, 2004 2:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Miss Betty

Can we get a list of who all is in on this?

Anyone have that?

Post Sun May 30, 2004 6:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dave S.

Miss Betty wrote:
Can we get a list of who all is in on this?

Anyone have that?

http://bbs.chrismoore.com/viewtopic.php?t=460

Post Sun May 30, 2004 8:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Miss Betty

ok - so I'm challanged Crying or Very sad

Post Sun May 30, 2004 8:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: