Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments

the bee, the barber (and the heavenly banquet)

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hillary

the bee, the barber (and the heavenly banquet)  Reply with quote  

Wow. This story completely went where I didn't expect it to go, but that's not a bad thing.

I kind of expected a heartwarming little thing - you know, something about an old man's reminiscence or whatnot. The ending was great.

Good stuff.

Post Fri May 28, 2004 2:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Miss Betty

Hillary - I'll 2nd that thought -- WOW!!! -- totally not expecting that.

Extremely well written & faboulous flow.

Again - WOW!!!

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
john palmer

thanks  Reply with quote  

Beloved Betty and Heavenly Hillary,

Thanks for the comments. I'd actually come to a place where I was feeling pretty discouraged, mostly because I had no feedback (aside from rejection slips), not positive or negative -- just nothing, so it was hard to know what I was doing either well or poorly. That's the thing that kills me about writing. I've learned from reading some authors, including the Author Guy, and a few books on the subject, but it's not the same as feedback.

I just finished the rough copy to my second novel -- got over the hump, thanks to you! -- and will start revision in a week or two, hopefully with a fresh head.

Again thanks. Criticism is also more than welcome. I need to improve, too.

Cheers,

John Palmer

(hope I've posted this correctly)

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:38 pm   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: