Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Ego Deflation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tal

stazy wrote:
All hail the power of the ta-tas.

Amen. Crack tube. *sound of beer bottle being opened*

Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FL

Re: mixed tapes....  Reply with quote  

stazy wrote:
Ferrit, I thought your post was very touching and I think that everyone thinks you are just wonderful as you are.

Thanks

I don't know what to say.

ta,

Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:17 pm   
ken
Site Admin

Mix Tapes?  Reply with quote  

So... maybe I should start a mix tapes thread, with all the songs I've put on them... just did one a month or so ago.

They're gonna be personal... so an anecdote about who they are for might be good.

I'll start the thread tonight, unless somebody beats me to it.

Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
FL

Re: Mix Tapes?  Reply with quote  

ken wrote:
So... maybe I should start a mix tapes thread, with all the songs I've put on them... just did one a month or so ago.

They're gonna be personal... so an anecdote about who they are for might be good.

That sounds cool Ken. Anything with music is alright with me.

ta,

Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:20 pm   
Jilly

Re: mixed tapes....  Reply with quote  

stazy wrote:

Ferrit, I thought your post was very touching and I think that everyone thinks you are just wonderful as you are.

I second that emotion and now onto the laughter. I think I've successfully brought everyone on this site down enough with my homeless diatribe. So now I need to laugh. Try watching the "Motorcycle Diaries". That will make you laugh. Go for it.

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:37 pm   
ken
Site Admin

Re: Mix Tapes?  Reply with quote  

ken wrote:

I lied. It's two days later. I am starting the thread *right now* in the lists forum.

Post Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Kate R

Nick Hornby  Reply with quote  

Yeah, I read High Fidelity too and it was kind of melancholy, but About a Boy was an excellent story (and probably the best book-to-movie transition I've ever seen). The characters are really awesome. CM is still my favorite though.

Post Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:17 am   
Lynn

Umm, Chris, I hate to break it to you but  Reply with quote  

Sadly, a thread on your own message board that was started to make you feel better about being kind of dissed by Nick Hornby has disinigrated into a thread about Nick Hornby books. I find that amusing, and I can only hope that you do as well.

I think if anyone sees Nick Hornby they taunt him with the fact that Fever Pitch was made into not one, but two, horrible movies. (For the Brits, I'm sorry but even with Colin Firth in the first one it didn't even really make passable).

For myself (because I do feel compelled to weigh in) I agree with Klari on the Peter Pan complex glorification issue re: High Fidelity, which doesn't necessarily mean that anyone who identified with the character is immature. I liked About a Boy a lot better because there was some growth there, whereas I felt like the main character in High Fidelity got the happy ending without earning it. But then that's the way life is.

Also, Ken, faux pas in English is not translated "Oh, shit." It's translated fox pass. At least it better be, because that's how I always say it.

And another thing, when we speak of Buffy, must it alway be that godforsaken Sarah Mindless Gellar show. I feel we really neglect Kristy Swanson/Luke Perry/Donald Sutherland movie version, also written by Joss Whedon, and also featuring an uncredited appearance by Mr. Jennifer Garner.

That is all.

Post Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: