Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

The Cult of Moore

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Juline1

The Cult of Moore  Reply with quote  

So, who else has converted non-believers so that they could see the light and worship the printed psyche that is Moore?

I loaned Stupidest Angel to my friend (forced him to read it, more like), and he went and got his own copies, to which he made his brother read "Lamb."
I also turned my therapist onto Fluke.
'
So, who else?

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

I've managed to infect both my daugher and her husband. They were so happy they bought me all the Moore books they hadn't read for Christmas - just so they could borrow them.

There's something odd about that...but never look a give Moore in the mouth.

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Catch42

I can honestly say that EVERY person (about 6) that I've turned on to a C. Moore book loves it and 9x out of 10 goes on to read more Moore (usually my copies!). Just ask oatmeal...he's now read every one except "Fluke" which he's starting tonight.

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
y

Let's see...2 of my co-workes (I'm working on a third), my husband (who liked BSF the best and said Fluke freaked him out) my aunt and two of my friends back home in NY. I'm just waiting to see who pops up in here....

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lenore

Well I got Lamb from my daughter and then passed it on to my husband.

My daughter read about Chris at Fametracker when they had a forum. Anyway...

Then I gave it to my sister, who shoved it in her handbag (aghhhh, I hate that) and ruined my copy so I let her keep that one and bought a new one.

Then my sister lent it to my mom.

All the above loved it.

I'm on another message board so I recommended Lamb there and five of my fellow members bought it and loved it too. One is from Germany and the other is from Greece/Bugaria, another is from Idaho and still another from Chicago, the last one I'm not sure where she's from...California, I think.

My daughter was on to Blood Sucking Fiends and all the other Moore books and I picked up the one she just finished and that's that.

Post Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:19 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

My friend Joel got me started. I in turn gave the books to my daughter Emma, who loved them. Then my son ben needed something to read (let's just call this behavior modification time in Ben's life, 'k?) and he tore through all the books within 4 days. I'm not making this up. He then passed them around to his friends, and wrote almost all English papers required on books about CMs books.

In the last month of his life, I read "The Stupidest Angel" to Ron. I will cherish forever the laughs the book provided him.

Post Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jason

Working in a library, I have the ability to spread the word quite often. People ask me what some of my favorite books are and "Lamb" is always the first one out of my mouth. The full title is what hooks them because they think anything with a title like that would have to be funny. I hand it to them and I have yet to have someone tell me they didn't like it.

Well, my soon-to-be-brother-in-law didn't like it, but he's a putz anyway. Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ferrit Leggings

My first Moore book was Lust Lizard. I read about it in the paper. There was a review of it and I wanted to read it. Went to BN, they did not have it and thought I was nuts for asking so I ordered it from Amazon. It was kind of the same experience at the record store asking for Pussy Galore, The Butthole Surfers or The All Nude Fetus Review but different.

I have loaned out copies of Chrisí books to family and a few co-workers, some friends and that about covers it. One co worker only read Harry Potter and that was about it in his adult life and then he started reading Chris and went on to Weisbecker, Adams, and a few other authors.

FL

Post Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kate R

So, my mother (who is 4Cool and her friends have this book club that gets toghether once a month. I don't think they really discuss the book, but they do drink and generally have a good time. I am somewhat of a bookworm, and my mom asked me to reccomend a book for them to read when it was her turn to pick. I gave them a list of several books, and they picked Lamb (which I said was my all-time favorite, which it is). Two of them really liked it, and the rest thought it was terrible. I really don't know how this was possible. I recently sent Fluke to an autistic friend of mine, and she really really liked it, which is saying something, because sometimes humor doesn't resonate much with her. Otherwise, sadly, I have not turned many people on to Chris. Boo hoo.

Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Juline1

I loaned Lamb to my therapist.

Bwahahaha!

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: