Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

"Nother Question

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kathi Sircy

"Nother Question  Reply with quote  

Mr. Chris: Seeing as YOU just finished your book..........
My three teen kids and I got together in June and decided to "write a 5-chapter book" this summer. (Each person only writes one chapter, and we write the last chapter together) They were totally excited about the idea, and each has a good brain. OK, so we figured out how we would do it and set out. As far as working on it and accomplishing something, each agreed to spend at least 1 hr. a day 5 days a week doing it. Very good in June, less in July and now none in Aug.
MY QUESTION: Do I hound them to work on it knowing in 10 and 20 years they will be happy they did? Do I drop it and pick it up next summer? Do I pick another "due date" say, in December? Or What?
They are each WELL on their way of getting their chapter ordered and their ideas are good. Probably a good 4 hours would have them each complete their chapter.
H-E-L-P!
Kathi

Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:19 am   View user's profile Send private message

Re: "Nother Question  Reply with quote  

Kathi Sircy wrote:
Mr. Chris: Seeing as YOU just finished your book..........
My three teen kids and I got together in June and decided to "write a 5-chapter book" this summer. (Each person only writes one chapter, and we write the last chapter together) They were totally excited about the idea, and each has a good brain. OK, so we figured out how we would do it and set out. As far as working on it and accomplishing something, each agreed to spend at least 1 hr. a day 5 days a week doing it. Very good in June, less in July and now none in Aug.
MY QUESTION: Do I hound them to work on it knowing in 10 and 20 years they will be happy they did? Do I drop it and pick it up next summer? Do I pick another "due date" say, in December? Or What?
They are each WELL on their way of getting their chapter ordered and their ideas are good. Probably a good 4 hours would have them each complete their chapter.
H-E-L-P!
Kathi

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:31 pm   
deb

Very succinct, Guest. Kathi couldn't have said it better herself.

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr Andlu

I don't know deb, I think Kathi said it better. Guest just seems to have missed the point Kathi was trying to make.

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

I hear what you're saying, Ja. I think Kathi's original statement holds a little more form than Guest's reiteration. Perhaps you said it best when you said exactly that.

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FattyFattyPorkFace

I think that this was an attempt at mockery by some unknown party. Unfortunately, intonation cannot really be written, so Guest merely copies the entire text in the hope that readers will imagine the accompanying high-pitched mocking voice appropriately.

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deb

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
I think that this was an attempt at mockery by some unknown party. Unfortunately, intonation cannot really be written, so Guest merely copies the entire text in the hope that readers will imagine the accompanying high-pitched mocking voice appropriately.

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

I dunno, when Deb says it she makes Jeff seem more to the right than his actual position.

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kimcookie

but here's the real irony. kathi isn't even asking a real question. she's a serial killer who is trying to find the perfect author to lock in her basement and father her children, and now she's after our beloved author guy. guest is--and here's the double kicker--terry pratchett. he just had time to quote her original question, to make the A.G. pause and decipher the hidden threat in kathi's seemingly innocent question, before she arrived home and threw him back into the basement.
it's so simple...

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Catch42

Holy..... Shocked
Of course! Why didn't I see it before?!?!
Watch out A.G.!!!!
(although, if I were you, I'd keep an eye over my shoulder for kimcookie as well!) Confused

Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
conspiracies unlimited

Kathi,

I strongly suggest you hound them... Break their sprits now, before its too late...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: