Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

What I Love about The Blog.

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
knikkki

What I Love about The Blog.  Reply with quote  

The Blog is like a constant Chris Fix while we wait for the next book. Bonus.

It's FREE!

We get to watch the creative process, in process.

We got an art lesson.

We are very lucky. I needed a laugh today. Vindicated was hilarious, I especially like the poem. And Chris, I'm not just saying this, but you are a WAY better author than Terry. I read about 5 disc books, and that Good Omens which I know many of you rave about, and I just don't think he's that hot.

You can leave your hat on.

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kate R

Terry Pratchett is a good read (I'm on my second book of his) but I haven't ever laughed OUT LOUD, so yeah, Chris is the better author. They compare them to the same people though - Douglas Adams and Kurt Vonnegut and stuff. Makes me think I should read Douglas Adams and Kurt Vonnegut....

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
knikkki

OH MY GOD ....  Reply with quote  

You haven't read Douglas Adams? I'm so jealous, you have an exciting new world ahead of you. EVERY one of his books is good.

I never laughed harder in a book than So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, which I believe is the 4th book, in the 5 book Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy Triology. Read it, Read Dirk Gently, Read Salmon of Doubt and enjoy!

Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Arioch

Re: OH MY GOD ....  Reply with quote  

knikkki wrote:
You haven't read Douglas Adams? I'm so jealous, you have an exciting new world ahead of you. EVERY one of his books is good.

I never laughed harder in a book than So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, which I believe is the 4th book, in the 5 book Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy Triology. Read it, Read Dirk Gently, Read Salmon of Doubt and enjoy!

The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul was my introduction to Douglas Adams. I was hooked after that. I didn't ready anything else for months. Have fun!
Cause maybe I don't love you all that much - Dan Bern

Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jaandlu

Oh Kate R, read Adams and you will understand everything about everything. He is the most profound philosopher that ever lived.

Post Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

jaandlu wrote:
Oh Kate R, read Adams and you will understand everything about everything. He is the most profound philosopher that ever lived.
He is. I understand the concept of 42. ^_^

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: