Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Here

Where is It? (aka- My sad attempt at writing.)

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.
Where is It? (aka- My sad attempt at writing.)  Reply with quote  

(Just a note. This is my first time posting in this forum... X_X And it is early in the morning for me... So shhh.

... oh yeah... there really is no point to this story. Just me tryin' to be funny.)

He didn't know where it was. He was completely, absolutely at a loss at where it was.

'Honey, why are you standing on the sofa?'

'It helps me think.'

A sigh is heard. His wife rolled her eyes and she half-heartedly shuffled things around in an attempt to find it. He however, motioned for her to stop. He was still upon the sofa, hands now on his hips, his face scrunched in what could be interpreted as either thought, or constipation. Personally, I think it’s the latter.

‘I swear it was here before!’

‘That’s right dear,’ his wife said absent-mindedly, abandoning the search in favor of drinking her tea.

‘No really, I know where it is!’

‘If you know where it is, you wouldn’t be on the sofa, denting the middle of it. Would you please get off it?’ his wife asked. He waved his hand at her impatiently.

‘No, no, it’s working. I remember where it is!’ the man jumped off the sofa and ran to the bedroom. Five minutes later, he walked back out. ‘It wasn’t in there.’

‘If you just let me-‘

‘No! I will find this! I can do it.’

‘It’s really no problem, I can-‘

The man made a strangled noise in the back of his throat. Like a mix between a grunt, indignation, and when you’re trying to keep the bile down after accidentally seeing your Great- Aunt Lucy naked.

‘Are you okay?’

‘Eureka!’

‘... Where’s that whiskey from a couple weeks ago?’ The woman was about to turn in towards the kitchen.

‘Wait!’ he grabbed his wife’s arm and danced with her in jubilation. Or he was re-creating some kind of ritual dance. Depends on how you look at it.

‘Dear, I -stop that!- think that you’re going to be late to work if you don’t get going,’ she said, managing to get away from the spastic movements her husband was making. He dashed into the bathroom and emerged triumphant, holding aloft a brown mass of cloth.

‘I found... MY PANTS!’

‘That’s nice. You should’ve done that before you searched for your keys. Now please put your pants on, the blinds are open and the Mossenhafers usually leave at this time. You remember the last time you were pants-less when they passed by.’

‘Oh. Ok.’ Rustling clothes and quiet sips are heard. ‘Um, honey?’

‘Yes dear?’

‘Did we ever really apologize for that?’

‘Yes dear.’

‘Oh good.’

‘Now go find your keys.’

‘Yes ma’am.’ The man stood on the sofa again. His wife decided against scolding him. It was really to early for her to get a headache. She simply watched as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, glancing around the room shrewdly. A glint of silver next to his wife’s collection of those weird little cats caught his eye. He leapt off the sofa and bounded over to the shelf. ‘AHA- ... that’s not it. But I know where it is now!’ He went back into the bedroom, and his wife could hear dresser drawers being opened.

‘You okay in there?’

‘I FOUND IT!’ He marched back into the room with the silver keys in his hand, the man grinning much like those plastic Barbies do.

‘Finally.’ She accepted a kiss on the cheek and handed her husband his coffee. ‘Why do you insist on playing this game every morning?’

The man simply grinned.

‘It gives me a reason to ransack your underwear drawer every morning.’

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

I just now thought of this. This is loosely based on my best friend's relationship with her boyfriend. So I hereby dedicate this story to Cap'n. She knows who she is.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: