Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Compliment ....

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
knikkki

Compliment ....  Reply with quote  

Friends and family are reading my book, and a friend of mine told me today ...

"I was sad when it ended and I truly have not read a
book like that in a very long time."

I think "I was sad when it ended" is such an incredible compliment. I just wanted to share, because that's how I felt too ... sad that the little world I'd created was over.

Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NodakFiddler

My mother read my work in progress and said, "Hmmm . . . Interesting. So, when are you applying at Kohls?" My dad said it was funny. He's always been my favorite parent.

Congrats, congrats. Maybe I'll be so lucky some day. Have you submitted to agents? What's going on with it?

Good luck!

Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Go, Knikkki! Now take the next step.

Post Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

I have been ...  Reply with quote  

Sent it out to about 50 agents, got 7 rejections. It's been a couple of months, so not sure I'll hear from the others. I did a lot through e-mail, so on this next round I'm going to go the traditional route (though, 5 of my responses came through e-mail and one of the agents was very encouraging. I took a lot of his advice, but when he told me I should start out by writing formulaic chit lit, I sort of lost my enthusiasm.

A not as close friend is reading it now, and I'm hoping for some constructive feedback from him. Everybody else has really liked it, but I need some tough love, you know? Glad to hear about the parts you liked, but tell me what's wrong with it.

It's good. It really is. Publishable? I don't know. Readable? Absolutely.

Post Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: