Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Book links

Is it ok for the editor to add book links to book references?
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Who cares?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ken
Site Admin

Book links  Reply with quote  

A while ago, I created a link you can use to link book references to a picture of the book and links to the BookSense, Amazon, BN, and BAMM pages for that book.

The URL is http://bbs.chrismoore.com/buybooks.cfm?ISBNNumber=XXXXXXXX where XXXXXXXX is the ISBN number of the book.

For example, the new Fluke paperback you could link with:
[ url=http://bbs.chrismoore.com/buybooks.cfm?ISBNNumber=006056668X]Fluke [ /url] (no spaces in the url links) which looks like: Fluke

So...

If I occasionally modify your posts (currently I only remove duplicate posts and fix broken images) to add links to book references, is that acceptable? Am I doing a service, or providing unwanted modification of posts?

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sara Leigh

That's a great idea, ken. I frequently go to amazon to check out books people recommend. Having a link right there would be so much easier (and we all know how important time is while we're wasting it here on the board Smile ).

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lauren

Great idea, Ken!  Reply with quote  

Excellent idea. I especially like that you have Booksense on there along with Amazon, B&N, etc. Smile

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Elliot

Whatever floats yer boat dude! Although I think you might have way too much free time then a lot of us if your going through our posts and editing book references.

L

My Twitter is twittering!

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JennyO

Fine with me!  Reply with quote  

I'm just too lazy to do it myself. Smile

Jen

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Robb

No worries mate!

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: