Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Speech?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Conrad7784

Speech?  Reply with quote  

Did you get to make a speech and if so what did you say. I watched the show to hear what you had to say and we was jipped.

Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:45 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lisa M

You need to get on the mailing list. I mailed this out the day after the award. (Mail me and axe to be added, if you're interested.)

Thanks to my readers, you magnificent bastards! You are the brightest, kindest, funniest people in the world, and I say that only because itís kind of true. Thanks to the booksellers and librarians, who nominated Stupidest Angel, and have been recommending my books for years, even when it was not the safest thing to do (Lamb). Who says you canít practice courage in your daily life, even when everyone you know is trying to manipulate you with fear. Thanks to the reviewers who were fair and got the fact that I was just trying to have some fun, and everyone could read was invited.

(About now the music would start playing.)

(Iíll be talking really fast.) Thanks to my agent, Nick Ellison, my editor, Jennifer Brehl, my publisher, the insane Lisa Gallagher, (here some six-foot babe in sequins is trying to drag me off the stage.) Thanks to Michael Morrison, Jane Freedman Ė let go of me, you harpy! Ė to my wife-like girlfriend Charlee, the people of Cambria, California, my catsó

They pull out to go to commercial, just as Iím thanking my second-grade teacher Ė the sleeve has ripped off my tuxedo. The award babe is beating me about the head and shoulders with the award, which is a two foot tall Lucite obelisk with the effigy of Jacqueline Susanne laser-etched into it. Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson have come up on stage to help drag me off. Dave tries to pull off my hair piece, but Iím not wearing a hair piece. He comes away with his hand black from my Grecian formula, which is now running in dusky streams down onto my shirt.

Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:47 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: