Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Your Homework
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
belladonna

I know I'm coming in at the end of game so to speak but I had a few ideas, i just wanted to think them over.

Val Riorden Christinia Applegate
Theo Crow Will Ferrell - cause he's tall enough and would be an awsome ex- hippie
Tucker Case Owen Wilson
If you can get one the other will follow, they show up in each others movies cause they fell like it, plus people say it's not realistic to ask for this, but they're comidians they'll realize that the book is hilarious and duh...

Lena Marquez Teri Hatcher I can just picture her freaking out about everything...I know she's not hispanic, but I keep picutring the scene between Tucker and Lena in the diner where she's calling him retarded and he gets all offended...it just works in my head

Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

chris wrote:
deb wrote:
She's the right age, I think she's sexy as all hell, she's funny, and just the other side of sane.

Those things are all true, but there are many, many scenes where Molly has to leap, do back-flips, fight Zombies, and appear semi-nude. Molly will definitely be the toughest character to cast.

Now that Kirstie Allie has supposedly lost 50#, does that change anything? Guess it depends on whether she's got more or less energy post weight loss.

Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kate R

I saw this commercial on tv the other day, and it gave me the PERFECT Molly! Jodie Foster! She can do crazy (Remember Nell?), and she's also an older lady who's still pretty fit. I have no idea for the other people though.

Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:09 pm   
bugdog

I know someone who might make a good, all be it young, Tucker.

His name is Joel Heyman - clicky for his IMDB profile. He has more of a chin than that photo shows, by the way.

He has sort of a death touch, though. He was a stand in for David Boreanaz on Angel (canceled) and for one of the guys on The Inside (also canceled). He played an EMT in the opening bit of The Inside, but that episode was slated to run as the last episode (after cancellation) and never did. I think he's currently a stand in on Criminal Minds. I think he'd be a great geek with a cool guy exterior because he seems to be just exactly that. He also does voice acting for Red vs Blue, which is how I know him.

Never met the guy, but I've talked to him a couple of times. I'll just bet he works cheap, too.

Phyllis Diller for Mavis Sand (although I do like the idea of Billy Bob in drag)

Adam Baldwin for Theo Crowe

Leanne Adachi for Lena - she's Asian, but she's got the build

Jolene Blalock for Molly Michon (ever seen her on Stargate SG-1? She's a good warrior woman)

Matthew Perry for Gabe Fenton ---- I know, I know, but how much would you pay to see him shock himself in the nads?

I'll have to really think on the rest. I'm sitting here falling asleep...

Post Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sara Leigh

Kate R wrote:
I saw this commercial on tv the other day, and it gave me the PERFECT Molly! Jodie Foster! She can do crazy (Remember Nell?), and she's also an older lady who's still pretty fit. I have no idea for the other people though.

Much as I love Jodie, she doesn't make the cut because, well, let's be frank, she's a little lacking in the bazooms department.

And Goudron, Kirstie Alley's still too heavy. Molly's a lean, mean fighting machine. I think Kirstie needs to lose another 20 pounds to get to fighting trim. She looks ever so much better now, but she's not there yet. Energy has not so much to do with it. Besides, I just find her annoying and not that funny.

Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Goudron

I thought she looked fine 50 pounds ago, and she might have the drive for another 20, you never know. The unfunny/annoying part though can't be rectified with diet and exercise though. Come to think of it she annoys me too Very Happy

Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jgonella

As with all of my homework over the years, this is late, but I will give it a shot. Rules of this list, avoid too many "big name actors" for affordability, Tucker, Molly and Theo have to be well-known enough do star in film adaptations of earlier works.

Theo Crowe - Has to have that laid back persona of the ex-pot smoking hippie, directionless & can't seem too proactive a personality. Ron Livingston, John Corbett and Steve Zahn come to mind. In the end: Edward Burns.

Molly Michon - Has to look older, but obviously gorgeous when younger (anyone ever hear the phrase "rode hard and put up wet?"):I'll go with Helen Hunt over Sally Fields (a.k.a. - Frog.)

Gabe Fenton - Paul Giamatti and Scott Grimes would be good calls, but I think I would go with Tim Blake Nelson.

Valerie Riordan - Rene Russo? Nah, Maria Bello.

Dale Pearson - The ultimate smarmy ass award goes to Alec Baldwin, though William Fichtner (Empire Falls, Armageddon) or Dennis Farina (Snatch) would make decent choices.

Lena Marquez - Rosario Dawson and no one else. Well, maybe Eva Mendes or Vanessa Angel.

Mavis Sand - Lin Shaye (Kingpin) or Rosanna Arquette with a good make up artist.

Tucker Case - The affable charmer - Ryan Reynolds. Owen Wilson and Matthew McConaughey could pull it off well, but are awfully expensive for a supporting roll.

Raziel - All powerful without being all knowledgeable. This actor, by contract, would also have to play Azaraphail (sp?) from Goods Omens - Bill Nighy.

Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message

Raziel-jim caviezel

Hahaha.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:36 pm   
Kianu

Theo Crowe- Jeff Bridges (Big Labowski-esk)
Mavis Sand-Flo from Alice
Molly Michon-Valeria from the Conan movie (Arnold's warrior babe who gets shot with a snake arrow.) She's about the right age now.
Raziel-Dirks Bently (country musician)

That's all I've got for now.

Post Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: