Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Question about titles.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Boota

I'm very close to being done with it, but this Grammy thing and all the business with the band has slowed me down considerably. In the last two weeks I feel like I've accomplished a major victory when I find time to write. I did get to write quite a bit today, so I'm feeling really good right about now.

I have two things that will be out before Picking On Retards. I have a short story, Killfuck, coming out in January in an anthology called Dark Sins and Desires Unveiled. It's erotic horror. I am pretty close to getting a novella called The Last Days of Mr. Right published, too. It's even more obnoxious than Picking On Retards.

POR is still my primary writing focus, though. The other stuff is just finished, so it's on the front burner publishing wise. I will definitely try to get this done in a timely manner so you guys can have a look at it.

Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kate R

Killfuck? And the title you were worried about is Picking on Retards? LOL.

Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jaandlu

Boota wrote:

I have two things that will be out before Picking On Retards. I have a short story, Killfuck, coming out in January in an anthology called Dark Sins and Desires Unveiled. It's erotic horror. I am pretty close to getting a novella called The Last Days of Mr. Right published, too. It's even more obnoxious than Picking On Retards.

I am glad we have more than just one book to look forward to. Tell us more about The Last Days of Mr. Right. Enquiring minds want to know.

Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Boota

Kate R wrote:
Killfuck? And the title you were worried about is Picking on Retards? LOL.

LOL, yeah... well. Smile At least Killfuck is only a story in a collection. The collection is erotic horror where the bad guys win. That was the only thing the editor called for.

Ja, The Last Days of Mr. Right is a dark comedy about a "superhero" who enforces the radical right wing agenda of a psychotic President. He kills peace protesters, runs Central American sweatshops that make Mr. Right toys and merchandise, beats his wife, is addicted to painkillers, etc. The story picks up toward the end of his reign when the American people begin to wake up and see him for what he really is. It's a quick, fun read.

And it has a giant robot. You can't go wrong with giant robots. Smile

Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vahlee

So where will we be able to buy these books, novellas from when they become available? You've definitely peeked my interest

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kate R

Hmmmm - radical right wing agenda of a psychotic president? Geez, Boota, where do you come up with this stuff? I mean, you couldn't possibly have any inspiration from, oh, let's say, OUR president, could you? Because that would be totally....just.....not.....okay, yeah, I can see that. So many things to read! I'll have to put Mr. Undesirable on my Christmas list!

Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Boota

Vahlee, the Dark Sins and Desires Unveiled anthology will be coming out under a self-publishing editor. Her previous company was called Underground Publishing, but I don't know what she's going to call the new one. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm still shopping the novella, but I have no patience. If I don't hear something soon I'm going to self-publish it just to get it out. Same with Picking On Retards when the time comes. I've had pretty good luck in publishing my first book, and with the band starting to make some noise I am selling better than before. I think I can make a decent go of it again.

Kate, I had a little bit of inspiration from our current President. Smile It is purely fictional, except for the parts that aren't. I shouldn't have any trouble with getting sued, though. To sue me over anything would be an admission of guilt on the parts of the criminals in high places. LOL.

Mr. Undesirable make a great Christmas gift. Which is almost ironic, considering the disturbing element that Christmas plays in the story.

Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: