Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Yay! Santa *did* come!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
conspiracies unlimited

chris wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What is it with Chris and big guys named or refered to as Mint (or Minty Fresh as the case may be)?

Good job! As usual, dad had to ask what i was laughing about three or four times

Interesting observation. I wonder, exactly why, this large black man would be wearing mint green? Hmmmmmmm Rolling Eyes

because they do... my uncle, while short, is quite large... overly large in fact... and his favorite suit is the mint green one... I don't get it... you should have seen the funeral i went to... large black men, wearing the oddest colors... one was wearing a leather suit... YES, leather... and it was a mix of oddly cut triangles, and each on was a different color... surprisingly, everyone thought he looked pretty spiffy... he smelled like a new couch...

as for the Mint Green guy in your new book... I just assumed he was dressed as an orderly, and he was wearing mint green scrubs... i didn't realize your meant he was wearing a mint green suit...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:20 am   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Klari wrote:
conspiracies unlimited wrote:

Whats a shiska?

Oy vey, such a goy.

that's yiddish for guy, right??? just as bad as the canadians with their spelling...

oh wait... its short for goyim (SP)??? that's a nice way of saying non-jewish Guy??? or is it like calling me a "cracker"...

damn this multi-lingual world!!! Fuck you Babal!!!

Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:23 am   View user's profile Send private message
jpurser

Goy = a non-Jew, singular.
Goyim = Non-Jews (Gentiles) in general.

http://www.bubbygram.com/yiddishglossary.htm

Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

jpurser wrote:
Goy = a non-Jew, singular.
Goyim = Non-Jews (Gentiles) in general.

http://www.bubbygram.com/yiddishglossary.htm

thanks, its never a good thing to live in ignorance... all this time I thought it loosely traslated to, "bacon eating guy with a large turtlenecked phallus"...

oh wait, that is what it means!!! OOOO!!!! I'm gonna have a BLT for lunch!!! no, they really aren't all that filling... never enough bacon, and they always make the bacon crispy...

oooo maybe, I'll send my wife and kids away for the wekend, and I can live off of BLTs while they are gone... lets see, 3 meals a day + 2 snacks between meals / $2.50 per pound * X lbs of bacon... $37.50 should cover it... wait, we're out of mayo... anyone have a Costo card?

Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: