Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Tentative Hello

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
earthshoes

Tentative Hello  Reply with quote  

This sort of Hello is never easy. In real life, I'm prone to let the other person carry the conversation at first, saving all my blathering for later on. And anyone who knows me will assure you that I can blather endlessly.

I'm a 38 year old homeschooling mother of four boys, a Youth Education Associate for the local University Extension Office, a freelance writer (published in a few very non-illustrious literary zines, newsletters and so on. Nobody except bill collectors want to see my signature so far, but I've got the dramatic loops down cold just in case . . . ), a webmaster and maker of angels. I've been married to my best friend for fifteen years which is great for me, but he may earn Saint status before this is all said and done.

I'm reading Chris's books as I find them and am already a devoted fan. It's been a long time since any writer has pleased me this much. It was fun to find a group of like-minded fans and a place where I can see what my favorite writer is up to.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hillary

Welcome to the jungle, earthshoes!  Reply with quote  

You sound intelligent, charming, and friendly. Three qualities that will get you far with the people around here.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay. Try the veal.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Robb

Hello back and Glad to have you here. Love the icon. Dogs Rule. Feel free to jump in the deep end. If you like to write check out the story tag. It's a funny fun thing we do here.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
John

Howdy! Hope you enjoy your stay. Don't forget to tip your waiter.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sara Leigh

Welcome to our home away from home. We're a pretty diverse group of people with a couple of things in common -- we love books and we especially love those written by CM. Kudos to you for having 4 boys, let alone home schooling them! One girl was plenty for me. Don't be shy. Jump in and voice your opinion. There aren't any big bad wolves here. Well, some think they are, but they're not.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tal

Welcome and make sure you're nekkid when you post. After all its in the Rules Wink Very Happy

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lib

Welcome  Reply with quote  

Glad you could join us Earthshoes. I like the earth and I loovvee shoes...so I'm sure I'll like what you have to say. Wink

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
earthshoes

Hmm . . . them is some pretty stiff rules there. I'm American and married to an American, so the rules concerning Canadians won't be a problem, don't like discussing politics (I tend to make my mind up about that kind of thing on the way to the polls), and I'm working hard on the stack of books. As fer the nekkid part . . . well . . . I think I can assure you that the only people who want to see me like that are the people who already love me for my mind . . .

So, if it's okay with ya'll I'll join as a work in progress--you know, probationary.

Thanks for the welcome folks. I'll be around.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Think insane.

Wait a minute, we've got veal? Then why the hell am I still eating this chinchilla?

Oh, and high ES, welcome aboard. Don't stick your fingers through the bars, some of these savages bite! Shocked

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: