Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Here

VC 2.9.3 - And So It Goes

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mr Andlu

VC 2.9.3 - And So It Goes  Reply with quote  

VC 2.9.3

And So It Goes

CU looked up as Lukaret walked in. He felt a little guilty for not telling her about the meeting. With everything that was going on he had forgotten about poor little Lukaret.

“I’m so sorry, Lukaret,” said CU, “I totally forgot to tell you we were having a meeting.”

“You found Juan,” said Lukaret.

“Yeah,” said CU, “we found him–” Lukaret cut him off.

“Let me guess, you found him in a box at Rumdale’s place?” she said with concern.

“Well yes,” said CU, “ but how did you know?” Everyone was staring intently at Lukaret.

“I read about it,” she said. The room was a hush. Even Miss Maddie looked up from what she was doing.

“How though?” said Y, “the paper doesn’t know about this yet. They didn’t even acknowledge he was gone.”

“Because the paper didn’t write about it,” said Lukaret, “Mr. Andlu did. He posted the whole thing sometime last night, only in the version of a fictional story. We’re all in it. Everything is there up to the point where you rescued Juan and got on the train with him. He just walked out. Shouldn’t we go get him?”

The whole group jumped to their feet and hit the door running. They went to his room and found him sitting at his desk looking blankly at the screen.

“Mr. Andlu, we have some questions for you,” said CU.

Mr. Andlu looked up and said, “Is it true? Is Bren really dead?” On his computer screen was the Clodhoot University Press article about Bren Jaro’s death. Mr. Andlu had tears waling up in his eyes. “Please tell me it isn’t true.”

“Yes, Mr. Andlu,” said CU, “Are you going to tell me you didn’t know?”

“I honestly had no clue. I’ve been gone.” A tear found its way down Mr. Andlu’s face.

“But you wrote about the whole thing in your story online,” said CU.

“It was just fiction,” said Mr. Andlu, “It wasn’t for real. I just wanted to write a story. How did this happen?”

“We’re not really sure Mr. Andlu,” said CU, “Where have you been all week?”

“I was writing. I was in a space craft with these three aliens.”

“Okay…” said CU doubtfully.

“It was fiction. This wasn’t supposed to happen for real. How could this happen?”

“I’m not really sure Mr. Andlu,” said CU, “I don’t suppose you could prove you were with these aliens, could you?”

Mr. Andlu looked up at CU, looking into his eyes for the first time. CU could see the sincerity there and eased up a bit.

“Listen, Andlu, we are on your side. We just want to figure out what happened to Bren.”

“They are going to come and get me,” said Mr. Andlu, “Maybe you guys can come too. Maybe they can help explain what has happened. I wrote all of that in their spaceship. Do you think…” he trailed off. As Mr. Andlu’s words faded so did he. CU made a jump for him and tried to hang on. CU and Mr. Andlu disappeared from sight.

“Well,” said FFPF, “I guess that adds some credence to his alibi.”

Everyone just stared at the spot Mr. Andlu and CU had been.

Mr. Andlu had never hit anybody before but when he materialized onboard the spacecraft of the Greys he was sure of just what had happened and he found that animal instinct that had so long been buried in the human race. He simply hit Elmer in the face. Elmer fell backwards as Mr. Andlu began to scream at him.

“Now I know why you guys wanted to bring me here! Now I know why you were so eager for me to write the story! Now I know and I ain’t gonna’ finish it!”

“Please,” said Trucker, “We didn’t mean any harm. We just wanted to balance out your reality. You had become too good. It’s just not natural.”

“I don’t care what you think is natural. A girl died because of you!” yelled Mr. Andlu through tears, “You bring her back and do it now. I won’t write for you anymore and you aren’t getting any more pie.”

“Mr. Andlu,” said Canuck, “I’m afraid you don’t understand. We can’t bring her back. It is written. Once it is written it can’t be unwritten.”

Elmer sat up rubbing his face. “You aren’t seeing the big picture. Your society can’t break out of its cycle of research unless you have a reason to do so. And pie just isn’t enough reason. There has to be more.”

“There doesn’t have to be more,” said Mr. Andlu, “We’re happy with the way things are. We’re happy with good pie.”

“Yes,” said Elmer, “but you could be greater than that. You have the potential to be the greatest race in the Universe and you waste it on pie. You could conquer the Universe but instead you choose not to even leave your home planet.”

“You guys don’t get it,” said Mr. Andlu, “We have learned to live in harmony. We have learned to appreciate what we have and you are trying to take that from us. You are evil, evil little men.”

“There is nothing you can do to change what has happened,” said Elmer.

“The hell there isn’t,” said Mr. Andlu and took a running start at the computer that sat plugged into the wall of the spacecraft.

“No, don’t,” screamed all three aliens.

And with that Mr. Andlu put his foot through the computer and he and CU disappeared into the ether.

“I tried to warn him,” said the Grey’s and they flipped on a small devise and in just a few short moments they were eating the most wonderful pie in the Universe.

Somewhere in the heart of the computer at the empty campus of Clodhoot University something sighed in disappointment.

“Oh, well,” it said, “Time to start over.”

“In the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with Clod, and the Word was Clod…”

The End?

By Mr. Andlu

Although I am not a writer I am happy that I have told a tale; no matter how bad it may have been written. It is due to those here on the Chris Moore site that I started writing and it is them I thank. The characters in the VC series are based on my friends here and the ones I admire for there ability to be such a good time. Thank you all for letting me write about you even if it was all fiction. Thank you for giving me a place to start my tale and the characters to fill the world I created. In the process of writing this story I have gained a great respect for all authors great and small for their ability to keep it up and be entertaining while doing so. This tale falls far short of a novel in length and technical ability. As some of you may know I have never been to college and high school English was a long time ago. Thank you so much to my editor who helped me to remember some of the more technical aspects of writing and who took the time out of a busy schedule to edit my work and point out the most glaring mistakes I made over and over again. Most of all thank you to the readers who have taken the time to read this poorly written tale and except it for what it is: a fun adventure in the mind of Jaandlu, written by Mr. Andlu based very loosely on the life of this board.

Post Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

ok dude... I expect a hand signed copy of this... Harback, first edition...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Me too, Me too. But I think mine will be maybe #28 or so. All your characters should get the tiny numbers don't you think? I will pay a fair price.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Last edited by Ginjg on Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
FattyFattyPorkFace

Yay, I want one. Not #1, just a copy. I don't mind what number I get but 8 is good..or 7...or 13...or 11...or...whatever.

Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ginjg

Well #1 should go to Jandlu 'cause he made all the pie.

~~~~~~~

Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
conspiracies unlimited

ok ok... see, this proves i don't know spit about books and such... i thought First edition meant the first run of printing in general... like... oh, today we are going to print 20,000 copies... tehn it will go to paper back for 50,000, but looky hear, it made the best seller list, so lets print 100,000 more in hardback (2nd edition)...

Ok, so, maybe MrJ can have book #1.. and I can have one of the first 20,000 to come off the presses in hardback... the first set of hard backs... not the second or third... cause i know this is good enough to be printed several times in hard back... not like that nonesense about the walking dead on the california coast...

HEY!!! who said that? It wasn't me... pay no attention to the man behind the keyboard... *whistles soflty, slowly heading for the door, bolts for the elevator, realizes its never coming, heads for the stairwell, runs down to the garage, realizes keys are on deask, can't get up stairs beacsue door only opens on levels 1 & 2, pushes elevator button, runs around in circles until elevator shows up, up... office... keys!!!! stairs... down... drives, oh shit gate, dive in circles till it goes up... Borders... Buys 37 sopies of TSA 2.0 (and 3 copies of Lamb for good measure)*

dummdeedum... so, how's it going???
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

perhaps the distribution of the first signed numbered editions should be by order of appearance in the book, just to be fair.

~~~~~~~

Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
jaandlu

Okay, I'll look into it. But I must say this story was only ever meant to be published here for all of you. Thank you all for your encouragement. You people are too kind.

Ja

Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr Andlu

Hey, wait! Where's my say in all this. I wrote the damn thing. You're not looking into anything Ja. This is for the board and I am going to finish it on the board. It's art! Without the boardello it makes no sense. It doesn't make much sense with the board. How could it make sense without it?

Clod you people are weird. Just read the story here. It's where it belongs.

Mr. Andlu

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: