Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Does CM exist in Europe?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rowzdowermst3k

Does CM exist in Europe?  Reply with quote  

Relatively new to the site, so "Hi to all of you CM junkies."
I've been devoted to CM since Lamb was released. I'm currently in the UK, attempting to gain an MA in Film Studies. The most interesting thing here in the UK (which I noticed when I lived in London a bit 3 years ago), you can't find CM in a bookstore. He's not a staple in Europe... except for Scotland. Every bookstore I've been in has had CM. Gotta hand it to the Scots.
In my spare time, I've started writing short stories. I'm also working on a novel. As soon as I complete them, hopefully I'll post them and get some feedback.
Thanks Smile

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Re: Does CM exist in Europe?  Reply with quote  

rowzdowermst3k wrote:
Relatively new to the site, so "Hi to all of you CM junkies."
I've been devoted to CM since Lamb was released. I'm currently in the UK, attempting to gain an MA in Film Studies. The most interesting thing here in the UK (which I noticed when I lived in London a bit 3 years ago), you can't find CM in a bookstore. He's not a staple in Europe... except for Scotland. Every bookstore I've been in has had CM. Gotta hand it to the Scots.
In my spare time, I've started writing short stories. I'm also working on a novel. As soon as I complete them, hopefully I'll post them and get some feedback.
Thanks Smile

I am afraid you are encountering the issue that I had/have back in the UK. I have been tormenting and bothering the AG about his UK presence for some time to the point where I fear for my own well-being if I continue.

If a bookstore has it, they will have imported it until a UK publishing deal is arranged, which I seem to recall the AG was nearing...maybe.

Amazon is a godsend for the UK fans.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lib

Welcome, rowzdowermst3k. I can't answer that question for you. I do know for sure he exists, I saw him in St. Louis a couple of years ago.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
rowzdowermst3k

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:

I am afraid you are encountering the issue that I had/have back in the UK. I have been tormenting and bothering the AG about his UK presence for some time to the point where I fear for my own well-being if I continue.

If a bookstore has it, they will have imported it until a UK publishing deal is arranged, which I seem to recall the AG was nearing...maybe.

Luckily, I have all his books... and I'll be back in the US when "A Dirty Job" is released.
I just can't understand why the Europeans haven't adopted him?!?!?!
Smile

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

rowzdowermst3k wrote:
FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:

Luckily, I have all his books... and I'll be back in the US when "A Dirty Job" is released.
I just can't understand why the Europeans haven't adopted him?!?!?!
Smile

He hasn't adopted the Europeans.

Also, there is a lot of competition for this type of humour over there (especially in the UK) so I am guessing that publishers are just being arses.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chris
Site Admin

I've just signed a deal with a new UK publisher. They'll bring out six of my backlist books in the next two years, starting with Lamb, and once they're caught up, they'll go forward from there with the new books. We're hoping to get A Dirty Job in print there within the next year too.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

chris wrote:
I've just signed a deal with a new UK publisher. They'll bring out six of my backlist books in the next two years, starting with Lamb, and once they're caught up, they'll go forward from there with the new books. We're hoping to get A Dirty Job in print there within the next year too.

Woohoo! I hope you emailed Mary (the ex-barmaid) with this news!

Very Happy

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ted J

Welcome Rowz. That's a great avatar (dig that hockey hair). One of the best MST3K episodes.

Last edited by Ted J on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Welcome to our cozy little compound, rowzdowermst3k. CM may only exist in your mind, but I'm pretty sure he's more substantial than that disembodied head up there in the corner. There was definitely a very large man claiming to be the author guy at the Bailey's XRoads Borders for the Fluke tour. If you want to be accepted into the Boardello, you must strip and build a stack of your CM books before posting. It's one of the rules, you know, and we're really keen on following the rules around here.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lib

rowzdowermst3k, Sara Leigh loves telling people to get naked. So, we usually wait and let her be the one to state that rule.

...innocent look...

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
rowzdowermst3k

Sara Leigh wrote:
Welcome to our cozy little compound, rowzdowermst3k. CM may only exist in your mind, but I'm pretty sure he's more substantial than that disembodied head up there in the corner. There was definitely a very large man claiming to be the author guy at the Bailey's XRoads Borders for the Fluke tour. If you want to be accepted into the Boardello, you must strip and build a stack of your CM books before posting. It's one of the rules, you know, and we're really keen on following the rules around here.

I'm glad I already have several of these pictures already. That's going to save some time.
Thanks to the author guy, I also have several of these pics with shredded David Sedaris books.

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:21 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Welcome rowz Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: