Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Meet and greet in DC metro area

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sara Leigh

Meet and greet in DC metro area  Reply with quote  

Since Klari is going to be in town July 5-6, I thought it might be a good opportunity for anyone in the area who's available and interested to meet up somewhere and say howdy. Since I'm self-employed, I can pretty much do whatever I want whenever I want. I know many of you boardello denizens are not in such a dubiously enviable position. So here's the scoop:

Klari arrives mid-afternoon on July 5 and leaves late afternoon on July 6. We could get together in a convenient location (preferably VA since that's where I am and where Klari will be Smile ) sometime after dinner on the 5th or during lunch on the 6th. I'm hoping there are a few folks out there who would be interested. I think Suetu is slightly ahead of me in the number of board members we've met in the flesh so to speak, so I'm hoping to pull ahead while she's on leave from the board. Twisted Evil

Whaddaya think?

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Alan

I would be interested, but I'm not sure if I am available. I will be driving back from KY on the 5th and likely won't be home until late. It is possible I could meet on the morning of the 6th if it was a place convenient to Metro or a major highway so I could get back to work by 1.

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Klari will be coming into Alexandria station on July 5 and leaving July 6. Anyone interested in meeting other folks from the board who live in the greater DC area (I'm including Baltimore and Annapolis since they're not all that far away) should let me know so we can come up with a good place to have a drink, tea, coffee, ice cream, whatever and see each other in the flesh.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Klari

Yeah, I'd like to meet as many people as possible since I don't often get to this coast. I've met 2 other board members (West Coast) Catherine and Caulfield and BTW, what the hell happened to Catherine? I tried to call her last August to see about getting together and her line was perpetually busy and she's not posted since. Is very bizarre.

Anywho, I think I'll put a little thread on the News forum, too, because I think people look at it more often than Who's Who. I know I didn't think to look here until I saw Sara Leigh's private message.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
Catherine

Here I am!  Reply with quote  

I've been a schmuck, sorry. My line was always busy because I was using my land line for my computer, and my cell for talking to people. Even when I was finished online, I'd forget to unplug the phone thingy from it. I dropped out awhile ago because I was generally trying to staunch my addiction to the internet; I ended up cutting out wholesale too many things that were actually really fun and good for me, like visiting here with you guys. I realized how much I missed you when I got an email from CM telling about the paperback Fluke tour. I hatched a plan to surprise him in San Francisco because I had to schedule a recon mission to L.A. anyway; I thought, why not make it that week, spend that day in SF and see CM!? Well, I ended up having to schedule it for later for a handful of reasons(much later, the last weekend of this month, July), and when I realized I'd be missing him, I was really kinda heartbroken. So I'm back. I will be moving to L.A. for 18 months at the end of this month (I say 18 months cause I'm nothing if not flexible and open to delay but I'm really aiming at just one year). Then it's off to New York with me to nest out for good. Please call my cell if the mood strikes, Klari, I'll email you with it or do this PM thing. Also, I registered here and left a little note at the top. I think my email (I got a new email, although I still have the old one) and the url for my blog is all here somehow, somewhere. I hope to hear from you, soon Smile
Love,
Catherine
P.S. Mary Pat asked about you like two or three weeks ago!

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Becky

Well Damn! I was just in the nothern VA/DC area over the 4th. I guess I was too early. Oh well, Jason probably would have freaked out at the idea of meeting people off of the internet anyway. He doesn't do that net meeting thing. Oh well, perhaps another time.

Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Sara Leigh

Becky, I can't believe you were here and never let me know! You can't do that again. I was here the whole holiday weekend. Klari and I didn't manage to get together this time either. But I'll be here for a while longer. Jane's informed me I can't move ... ever. She must have this house as her base in Arlington.

Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Klari

Becky: Damn!! Well, next time, blast it. I am going to come back, I must explore D.C. some more, especially Alexandria, and now that I've been to Mt. Vernon I've got to get to Monticello. And I guess I have a place to crash at my cousin's. She loves having guests I found out and now that we have much more in common, it'll be much less awkward. Doesn't hurt that I brought her a sweetgrass basket from Charleston. Anyway, next time I want to stay at least a week, and then it will be easier to plan a get together instead of trying to cram everything into 24 hours or so.

See, I told you I had nothing to do with Catherine's disappearance! Catherine, dearie, don't do that again. I was ready to start checking obits. Say,"Hi." to Mary Pat for me. That still cracks me up because Mary Pat is the name of my best friend in middle school and high school's mom.

Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Becky

I go to the DC area all the time. Jason's from Leesburg, VA and his sister still lives down there, so we visit a couple of times a year. I went last fall, and then in April and again over the 4th so we could see the fireworks in DC. I didn't realize anyone actually lived around there. I also go to Rhode Island at least twice a year, so if anyone lives around there let me know so that I don't get yelled at again. Smile Oh, and I think Taco Bob was in the DC area recently. He sent me an e-mail asking about some bookstore info and mentioned he'd been in DC as well. Tell him he's a bad boy too. Anyway, perhaps next time I make my way to the confederate states I'll be able to meet up with someone.

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Lauren

Hey, Becky, Hillary, John and I are all in the Boston area. Rhode Island isn't too much of a hike. I think Hill and I are closer because we live on the south shore of Mass, but John scooted down to Dartmouth for Chris' signing, and that's pretty close to RI.

Let us know when you're around. We can paint the town. Or at least a restaurant for coffee or beer or something. Although they might not like us painting their stuff, so maybe we won't paint anything.

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: