Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Signed Books
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nibbler99

Oh, crap… I ordered mine through Amazon. (I jumped the gun once again!)
Btw, Naperville isn’t really close to Chicago…. more like Buffo Egypt.
I’ll see you there, if I can find the damn place. At least the weather will be
warmer by then. Cheers!

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lisa M

Nibbler99 wrote:
warmer by then. Cheers!

Why stop at one?

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:53 am   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Klari wrote:
I'd be surprised if Powell's didn't provide the same service. I'm kinda surprised they aren't listed on the tour. They have a mail-order operation, so I'd think you could get them to send you a signed copy.

They do, Klari, but they ran out of books for Fluke (you were there, there were like 50 people in line who didn't get books) and I didn't want people to think they were covered only to have someone drop the ball. Powell's definitely does mail order signed copies though.

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
msbrewski

schedule conflicts  Reply with quote  

Vegas a week before I'm there, then in my neck of the woods (Michigan) while I'm in Vegas. Maybe I can persuade my brother to go in for me...

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wolfpac13i

It would appear that bookstores can order signed cases (of 10) from Ingram (THE supplier-the big kahuna of the book world) They don't show stock in yet, but you can preorder. (or rather your bookseller can. Borders uses Ingram)
I don't normally order that many of a book-and have never tried to get signed stock...but since I have built up this CM fan base at the store-I am going to this time.
I'll let you know how it goes and if I have any leftover, I'll be glad to sell them and mail at cost.
Oh, and for those that don't know me-I'm not scalping books...I have a bookstore!

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Librarian

Ever think of hanging out in Yellowstone Park? I noticed Montana wasn't on your schedule- you should take a detour, lots of enthusiastic readers haunting these parts!

Perhaps a stop in Billings or Bozeman on your way back from New England to Portland??

Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Nibbler99 wrote:
warmer by then. Cheers!

With Amazon ordering you should be able to cancel your order without any penalties right up until they ship the items (which isn't happening 'til March). Cancel the Amazon order and order a signed one??? Wink

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:12 am   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: