Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Simple HTML
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
palmer

sgt_steve wrote:
palmer wrote:
An irony indicator, yes, that's what we need.

Would have saved my ass more than once.
What do you mean? Cool

There are times when I have tried to say something ironic and had it taken differently -- a hazard of text only. The smilies can show that you're just kidding around, but real irony is harder.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
i8tokyo

Blissgirl wrote:
Oh, and I was naked. I am naked, I am not Canadian, and I find that Lust Lizard is more comfortable than Lamb as a top book. Do I really have to rotate? I am not married to a Canadian, I've never even been to Canadia. I try to be Hilarious, but I can only ever achieve chucklehood. Occasionally I get lucky and I say something I didn't know was funny. Like the time I was in the backseat of a trans-am shouting that i had to use a bathroom because I was full of pee-ness. I didn't get it for days. Confused

The Force is strong with this one.

Can we keep her? Wink

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

sgt_steve wrote:
Warning, techno-rant about to start...

Oh aye I don't see the reason for the seperate language. I was talkin' about the fancy buttons above the wee box we type in. Wink

P.S. I should note that the above is best received if you read it with a scottish brogue and after a few shots. I am further obliged to note that I'm a full time webmaster for a library system so I am very conversant in HTML.

*whispers from off stage*

And my wife feels it is her duty to note that I'm a lazy git which is why I prefer to use the board software. Wink

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

i8tokyo wrote:
Blissgirl wrote:
Oh, and I was naked. I am naked, I am not Canadian, and I find that Lust Lizard is more comfortable than Lamb as a top book. Do I really have to rotate? I am not married to a Canadian, I've never even been to Canadia. I try to be Hilarious, but I can only ever achieve chucklehood. Occasionally I get lucky and I say something I didn't know was funny. Like the time I was in the backseat of a trans-am shouting that i had to use a bathroom because I was full of pee-ness. I didn't get it for days. Confused

The Force is strong with this one.

Can we keep her? Wink

Consideriing she's a newbie and already using the preferred canadia, as opposed to the vulgar canada... yes, we really should keep her... she is a she, right??? not that we would kick her to the curb if she were a guy... but chicks get like extra points and stuff...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:26 am   View user's profile Send private message

Very Happy ! I never knew other people used the prefered "Canadia". It is possible that I was born to this. That - or someone really needs to appeal to Canadians about changing the name of their country.
Oh, and to indicate sarchasm you can always use
/sar. Thats what we do in my house. It saves a whole bunch of argument time. I'm female. Its true. I just checked. *looks down again, just in case*
Yup.

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:52 pm   
Blissgirl

I forgot to log in. Probably because its so cold in here. Can I wear a blanket? Embarassed

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
MrEMann

Not Guest, but Blissgirl wrote:

Oh, and to indicate sarchasm you can always use
/sar. Thats what we do in my house. It saves a whole bunch of argument time. I'm female. Its true. I just checked. *looks down again, just in case*
Yup.

/sar LOL Are you an IRC junkie?
/me looks cautiously around for the geek meter. Wink

<sarcasm> </sarcasm> around your text also works. but always remember when using code, to close your tags Wink

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

I think we'll have to bracket instead of carrot 'cause of what steve said before

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
MrEMann

Techinically, Ginjg, your reference to what steve said before is correct. However, when discussing sarcasm tags and phbb, one can feel free to use carrots or brackets, since the developers of phbb have no concept of the word, nor do they have a sense of humor (unfortunate lab accidents), and forgot to put the capability in the program Very Happy

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Anonymous wrote:
Very Happy ! I never knew other people used the prefered "Canadia"... ...That - or someone really needs to appeal to Canadians about changing the name of their country.

Newbie mistake!!!

1) canadia is not really a country... the title "Country" is reserved for real countries... canadia is just a big waste land to our north... they are just a bunch of Nancy-boy Lumberjacks running around in flannel plaid shirts, that can't pronounce the letter "o"... SO NOT DESERVING of the word county

2) we don't appeal to non-countries... rather, we spit on them periodically and tell them we we want, and if they don't do as they are told, we pee on their shoes...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:51 am   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

sgt_steve wrote:
Ransom

Steve, remember, when you post ransom letters in funky type like that, it works better if you're not logged in. Now I know who that PM was from. You're not getting my shrunken monkey testicle collection, I don't care who you say you have locked in your basement. Stop sending me severed digits too, it's just really gross. The postman was all "Dude, your packages are bleeding!"

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: