Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

I'm walkin' on french horns! Ohohoh! Don't it feel good!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Naked and Famous

Have fun where ever you go. I'd be happy going to either, or being able to play any instrument.

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Curly

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where I was raised. My only problem is when the monsters are out.

jay wrote:
I've always wondered why there's never been a jazz French horn... ist.

there is, actually more people have been writing for jazz french horn, and I'm keen to get into it, though I think I'll actually take up string bass! I'm just gonna sink down to a lower form of instrument for jazz.

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Curly

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where I was raised. My only problem is when the monsters are out.

Naked and Famous wrote:
Have fun where ever you go. I'd be happy going to either, or being able to play any instrument.

I made the decision, it's japan! Very Happy

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Curly

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
I fully expect to see pictures of you posted here at the Boardello, wearing a tin-foil hat... since tin-foil is hard to come by these days, you may feel free to substitute it with Aluminum Foil... off brand is ok, however Reynolds has a much better shine...

If you do not wear said hat in public for a combined total of 3 hours 47 minutes and 12 seconds... please supply at least 7 photos in at least 3 different location... I will mercilously hound you, and demote your miserable state to lower-case status, just like canadia... You will go from Curly, to curly he who brought shame on that hippy freakfest of a state now known as oregon...

Do you want that, Horn-boy? Do ya???

oh yeah, gratz on going to state and all... have fun iin Japan... oh yeah, they totally dig cool things like wearing foil hats in public... they are all about whacky shit like that... I have a frienbd from Japan, and he says they do crazy shit like that all the time... He once wore a tupperware bowl to school for a month... at the end of the month, he cut his hair around the rim of the bowl, so that he looked like a funky monk... crazy shit i tell ya... now, go make a hat...

*sighs* fine, i guess, i will... i was really hoping to get to do a fluffy bounce hat, but... alright.....cause you know, the fluffy bounce would take the static out of my hair and make it smell fresh, but alright..... Sad

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Curly

Ginjg wrote:
Jazz Hornists:
Willie Ruff
Jim Rattigan
Julius Watkins
John Graas,
Thomas Bacon
Vincent Chancey
John Clark
Richard Todd
Tom Varner

The Book Jazz Cafe has original compositions by Bacon, Chancey, Clark, Todd and Varner. Rattigan has a couple albums including "French Horn Jazz".

Gil Evans and Miles Davis used french horn in their orchestrations so you may want to check those for ensemble pieces.

SEE? SEE? this is why french horns rule! you can play virtually any music on it, and they should!

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: