Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Go Go Google.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dave

Bigdamdork wrote:

Type in the word "Failure" and then choose the "I feel Lucky" button right next to the regular search function. Some programmer has a funny sense of humor..

Sadly untrue. What you're seeing is called Googlebombing.

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Q

[quote="Klari"]
Q wrote:
I got 164 hits.

Q

Did you get 164 hits as yourself or as someone you were impersonating?

[quote]

As me, whom I impersonate daily.

Q
and the second has all of the fun.

--Analytics of Five

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
suetu

My name gets 235,000 hits--give or take. I'm an African capital city. However, half of the top ten are actually about me.

Susan

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wendy

I'm never going to join a sports club, dance school or go to parties by people who actually take photos and write what happened into their blogs... may turn out embarrassing Confused

Oh yes, something else I've learned: I'll never google myself again. Sometimes it's just better not to know!

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
Dave

Okay.. So.. I'm chatting on AIM with a friend and he mentions a book he's reading. Non-fiction so I'm having a hard time getting interested. But he's a good guy anyway.

Anyway.. I say "ever read Chris Moore?" and he's never heard of the AG before. Godless heathen. So, I surf over to amazon and dig up BSF and send him a link. He says he'll check it out. Chat for another minute and he leaves. While I've got the amazon link up, I see the thing that lets you read a few pages so I give it a click.

I'm disappointed. The 2nd half of hypenated words that span a line are always blank. Most of the letters like y, g and p are chopped off at the bottom. The first paragraph of the book reads:
Quote:
Sundown oainted ourole across the great Pvramid while the Em
enjoyed a streamino whiz aoainst a dumoster in the allev be
. A Low foo worked its way up from the bav, snaked around...

Sad

Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message
derreka

Absolutely agree that reading a book in electronic form is no match to having the actual book in front of you. I purchased a couple of books for my PDA and quickly lost interest. Am I getting old? Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn dag nab it! Very Happy

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:28 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: