Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Congratulations ... now who would you pick?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kurt

Congratulations ... now who would you pick?  Reply with quote  

CM congratulations on the exposure and the opportunity. All of us also owe a big thanks to Nick Sparks ( ... to the bookstores).

Granted it might be a while before the TODAY Show puts the shoe on the other foot, but for the moment whose book would you choose ... putting THEM in the spotlight?

And for the rest of us? (not that they asking us anytime soon) ... and CM has already been chosen.

From me ...
Little known, at least in the states ... Robert Rankin (not certain of his latest title).

-or-

Richard Cox ... RIFT ... just released a few weeks ago. He was in attendance at Conestoga in Tulsa a couple weeks ago.
The book is a mystery/thriller ... with attention paid to technology
... and apparently he's the significant other of the female Anchor
for the local FOX affilitiate ... Chera looks good on TV and OUTSTANDING
in person (bonus points for the cute-girl factor). I'm reading it as soon as I finish with *DUNE: The Machine Crusade*.

Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:05 pm   
chris
Site Admin

If it was just one book, Kurt, I'd pick The Last Days of Summer, by Steve Kluger, still the funniest book I've read in the last six years or so. If it was an author, I'd probably pick Bill Fitzhugh, except they wouldn't let me because they don't want you to pick someone from your own publisher or whom you know. (Sparks and I had only met once, very briefly.)

Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: