Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Baltimore Meet-up

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sara Leigh

Baltimore Meet-up  Reply with quote  

I know you've all been anxiously awaiting the proof that Lauren and I actually did get together for lunch while she was in Baltimore. Well, here it is. Lauren, a big boat, and I, Inner Harbor of Baltimore.

(image hosting courtesy of ThinkInsane)

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lauren

Are you calling me a big boat? Wink

I'm actually going to suck it up and let Hill take some pictures of me to show the extreme shit luck I have with cameras. Everyone who I know that has seen this picture has said "That looks nothing like you." Talk about wide angle. The pics of me from Chris' signing in Dartmouth are sort of more like me.

Although it is the perfect picture to tape to the fridge to help in dieting.

'twas a very good time. We had a nice afternoon for lunch (which was a nice suprise considering the morning consisted of torrential downpours), and one of the funniest moments came when our waiter bobbled the soups Sara Leigh and I ordered, spilling some of it over his wrist. I don't know if he realized his muttered "Well, that sucks" carried to us, but SL and I collapsed into giggles when he was out of earshot. My husband thought we were just laughing because he'd saved the soup, but the tone of "Well, that sucks" was what set us off. I suppose I could stick that into the "Things you shouldn't laugh at" thread...

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Sara Leigh

Well, if you're a big boat, then I'm the Inner Harbor. Shocked

Yes, it was a good time. I thought it rather nice that the clouds parted for us to have lunch. The heavens opened up once I got on the road again.

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lauren

"Inner Harbor of Baltimore" just needs to be jazzed up a little to make a really cool honorific. Think about it: "Most Auspicious Protector of the Inner Harbor of Baltimore" or "Heavenly Benefactress of the Inner Harbor of Baltimore". You could have people paying homage to you and stuff. Shrines and bobble head dolls.

Can you tell I've been reading a book set in feudal China?

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Lib

Down on the docks???  Reply with quote  

Sara Leigh & Lauren...were you looking for sailors or pirates? Any luck? Wink

Last edited by Lib on Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

I want a bobble-head doll. I love bobble-heads. I'm torn between Most Auspicious Protector and Heavenly Benefactress, though.

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: