Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

I finished it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
john palmer

Ferrit Leggings wrote:
John Palmer,
It is odd saying God Bless him to Vonnegut, being a member of the American Humanist Association.

Also, to mangle a second fquote, doubtless, he said, "Despite the fact that I am Honorary President of the American Humanist Association, I believe that music is proof of the existence of God."

So there!

John Palmer

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:49 am   
Ferrit Leggings

"Despite the fact that I am Honorary President of the American Humanist Association, I believe that music is proof of the existence of God."

Your quote here is from a song that 1 Giant Leap did. The song is very well done.

The other one is...

I am honorary president of the American Humanist Association, having succeeded the late, great, spectacutarly prolific writer and scientist, Dr, Isaac Asimov is that essentially functionless capcity. At an A.H.A memorial service for my predecessor I said, "Isaac is up in Heaven now." That was the funniest thing I could have said to an audience of humanists. It rolled them in the aisles. Mirth! Several minutes had to passbefore something resembling solemnity could be restored.

That is from the introduction to God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian.

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
palmer

god  Reply with quote  

Ferrit Leggings wrote:
"Despite the fact that I am Honorary President of the American Humanist Association, I believe that music is proof of the existence of God."

Your quote here is from a song that 1 Giant Leap did. The song is very well done.

The other one is...

I just think it's neat to hear a so-called atheist bringing God into it so often.

Are we threadjacking?

John Palmer

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:36 am   View user's profile Send private message
abbynormal92243

Ferrit Leggings wrote:
This book was way too personal and I want to break away from it. My next book is in the works already. When I get tired of writing I like to do what i call research, which is mostly looking around the web and playing music....

BTW...
I did not intend to finish it until September but I became inspired over the last two weeks and it finished itself.
Ta

Congratulations---rats, I forgot to check the date. I sure hope it's 04. yeesh.

I am working on a memoir, myself, and it's exhausting. I play solitaire for a break, or watch silly movies with my sons.

50 First Dates was hilarious, by the way, and so was White Chicks.

Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: