Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

queries

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
palmer

queries  Reply with quote  

Anyone got any advice on queries? I've done some reading on the subject, but still feel uncertain about it.

John Palmer

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message

I'm so glad you asked this. I've started to twice and changed my mind.

I've finally mastered writing introductory letters to magazine editors because that's a simple, straightforward art and I don't have to worry about "wowing them". However, I have no idea what to say to an agent or a publisher and, as I understand it, you do have to impress them, but you don't want to come off like you're trying too hard . . . Kinda like dating as I recall . . .

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:51 pm   
earthshoes

sigh  Reply with quote  

How come I keep getting logged out? Sorry John, that was me up there.

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: