Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
zzazazz

No way, man. If we start encouraging Bush to kill more then he wins. He's done enough killing.

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DanO

Buddhist Points  Reply with quote  

This letter is to inform you that 27 of your Buddhist Points have been revoked in response to a letter received by President Bush of the USA. Unfortunately, this places your point total below the amount necessary to fulfill your recent order.
If you would still like to receive the 'Happy Buddha Sampler Pack' containing Happy Buddha Dog Sweater, Happy Buddha Wool Socks, and Happy Buddha Insulated Beer Cozy with picture of Happy Topless Buddhist Babe, please send $7.00 + tax + 3 enlightenment tokens.

Thank you,
Department of Buddhist Points
Dan O

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Juline1

It is very much a case of "we have met the enemy, and it is us." When we truly and really see other humans, and the deeds and misdeeds, when we recognize ourselves and our potential for great kindness and great destruction, in ourselves and each other, we admit our own human frailty and strengths. We recognize our own hearts beating in the chest of that other person, and who would harm our own hearts?

Michael Shermer is an expert on the "debate" that the Holocaust Deniers have tried to spread as the truth. He once asked another expert on the situation what the fundamental difference was between Oskar Schindler and Adolf Eichmann. The answer was "not much." Neither was deviant, neither had any mentally disturbed backgrounds or compulsions. It's just that Schindler chose to(recklessly?) risk his life to save others, and Eichmann probably thought he was being prudent with helping to orchestrate the "Final Solution." It's even conjectured that in another situation, the two might have been drinking buddies, getting into mild trouble but overall being peaceful and harmless.
Or how about Philip Zimbardo (sp?) and his experiment with college students for the Stanford County Jail experiment? That experiment was pulled early, because Philip himself was horrified at seeing himself as either a prisoner or a guard; a normally, everyday person, who could so easily be induced to abuse or be abused.
I guess I'm just pointing out that it's not so much an "us vs. them" situation. We can't just say "oh we're all one people" and then say "but the fundies are weird" or whatnot.
Except Canadians. Weirdos.

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

I just want to know who opened GW's letter, and when will they stand trial?

EDIT: I should also mention that reading "Your Royal Subject" made me lose control and laugh. I snuck a peek to the closing before I was all the way done. Sorry for reading out of order. Thanks for the laughs

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MrEMann

TRULY BRILLIANT!!! Nuff said!

Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
crabbybug

Dammit you rock  Reply with quote  

Fuckin Right!
One more reason why you fucking rock.

Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheatreCrazyRedhead

Bravo, Chris! I can always count on you to say what we're all thinking. Although, being the crazy redhead I am, I have sort of a reputation for sticking my $0.02 where it doesn't belong, and when it comes to the Village Idiot I've really been known to spout off. What gets me is how many people buy into his shit. We're a nation of Village Idiot deciples. What say we all form our own Village and bomb the shit outta his Village? Oh, I forgot, we can't. We'll lose all those Karma points we've been earning. Laughing

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FattyFattyPorkFace

TheatreCrazyRedhead wrote:
Bravo, Chris! I can always count on you to say what we're all thinking. Although, being the crazy redhead I am, I have sort of a reputation for sticking my $0.02 where it doesn't belong, and when it comes to the Village Idiot I've really been known to spout off. What gets me is how many people buy into his shit. We're a nation of Village Idiot deciples. What say we all form our own Village and bomb the shit outta his Village? Oh, I forgot, we can't. We'll lose all those Karma points we've been earning. Laughing

Someone asked me the other day if we had retards in Britain. I replied, "No, we send them all to the US so that they can get into politics."

I make myself laugh sometimes.

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheatreCrazyRedhead

Quote:
Someone asked me the other day if we had retards in Britain. I replied, "No, we send them all to the US so that they can get into politics."

I make myself laugh sometimes.]

That is pretty funny...and sad...[/quote]

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MrEMann

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
Great, you gave them a link... thanks alot... why don't you just hand over everyone's home addresses while your at it... thanks one heck of a lot... no I may have to go into hiding... sheesh, do you know how hard it is to find an afourdable home in a community you might actually want to raise a family in and have room enough to build a secret bunker in the back yard???

sheesh...

SHEESH, I SAY!!!

oh yeah, great letter by the way...

I recommend hiding out in Hollywood. It is the last place that they would creat havok looking for the likes of us. God forbid that they disrupt the near sexual relationship that they have with the filmmakers and uber affluent in that area.
Very Happy Very Happy

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

W & Silent Dick Strike Back.

They're on a cross country trip to stop the movie from being made and then they're gonna hunt down all's us bitches and beat the shit out of us

(sorry for the paraphrase. I don't have time to go get the exact lines from the scripts which are on line someplace - IMDB, I think)

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
kennyjb

Speaking of Southern Baptist killer robots, did you know that the same company that makes Roomba makes those too?

Check it out: iRobot.com

But I wonder if you can train one of those military robots to mix a martini Question

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
stoneange

So, yeah.  Reply with quote  

Brilliant!

One of my fav's = "Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity."

Post Mon May 08, 2006 4:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: