Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Do you find the DRAGONQUILTS site easy to navigate?
Sure. I had no problems.
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
No, I had a lot of problems.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rizak skall inte göra några fler undersökningar.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rizak the Really Horrible

.  Reply with quote  

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue May 09, 2006 8:06 am   View user's profile Send private message
UnimportantLime

I think it's a good design. Functional, etc.

If I may offer some critisism.

The "contact" button on the Contact page is... odd. To me. It's a weird color, especially with the background. I know it goes with the font color from the top of the page, but I think the image itself needs to be cropped, or something (I know, nit-picky).

And if you DO revamp stuff, there has to be some way to make the gallery load faster. It takes forever. I know that, considering the content, it's to be expected. But... You know what I mean.

Still, good job.

Post Tue May 09, 2006 8:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue May 09, 2006 8:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

I'm not a fan of using a button to contact someone. Have you thought about including a simple form?

Post Tue May 09, 2006 8:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue May 09, 2006 8:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
BIGjuevos

OK, heres what I think, please keep in mind that building websites is moy primary occupation.

1) Rule of thumb, unless it is the pictures itself, compress it. Remember that the majority of North America still uses dial up, so it goes overly slow for them, I am on high speed and it took some time for my pictures to load. Also thise high qualoty pictures take up bandwidth, so compression will save you some money there.

2) Nice Menu, excellent Interface, good graphics.

3) TABLES, use them and learn to love them, embed them wildly, they allow for great orginization of information. There are many WYSIWYG(what you see it what you get) editors out there that have made it very easy to implement tables.

4) The contact Page is a little bit weak, try including a form, so she be contacted easier, a simple mailform in PHP or Perl or another programming language would be easy to install. Visit here for a huge choice of scripts you can use.

5) Orginization is key in this, the front page should suck the user in, and lead them down the page then to other pages, focus their attention on what you want them to, like the most freakiest thing, or the newest thing. For instance WAVE -CLN, and WAVEChurch, and SoulCentral. All of these sites are site I helped design, and even wrote some backend code for. Notice the level of orginization in each of them.

6) KISS - keep it simple,. over-elaborate websites will scare people away, remember that, TOO simple and people will think that there is nothing to see.

OK, that's my advice I hope it helps.

http://www.foamuniverse.com

Post Tue May 09, 2006 9:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Mon May 15, 2006 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue May 09, 2006 9:30 am   View user's profile Send private message
BIGjuevos

Rizak the Really Horrible wrote:
That was actually QUITE helpful. It will go into the Great Migration of '06.

That's my job.

http://www.foamuniverse.com

Post Tue May 09, 2006 10:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tal

Rizak the Really Horrible wrote:
Tal wrote:
I'm not a fan of using a button to contact someone. Have you thought about including a simple form?

Yes.

I've thought about it, but haven't had the inclination to do so. I don't really know much about HTML and have only barely managed to cobble this site together with the help of my limited knowledge and some wizards available through the Adobe Creative Suite.

I know that there are some forms available from the ISP and I should probably look into that sometime.

I should also reduce the sizes on the thumbnail pictures. They shouldn't take so long to 'paint'.

I use mailform handler to handle my e-mails through the site. You can make simple forms with a WYSIWYG editor or if you like I'll throw together a simple tutorial and form for it.

Post Tue May 09, 2006 10:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: