Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Welcome to the Dirty Job Forum

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ken
Site Admin

Welcome to the Dirty Job Forum  Reply with quote  

This is a place to discuss the new book. You can assume there's lots of spoilers in here, so Chris recommends you don't start reading the topics in here unless you:

1) Have already read the book.
    2) Don't plan on reading the book.
    3) Are a masochist.
    or
    4) Don't understand English and can't read any of the posts, including this one.

That said, have fun, kiddies!

--- The Management

Last edited by ken on Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Lib

You know, I was one of those kids that use to shake their Christmas presents. When my mother started using Scotch Magic Tape, I blessed the day. You can untape and retape without anyone being the wiser. Saying that...

YOU REALLY THINK I HAVE THE WILL POWER TO WAIT TO READ THE BOOK???

Laughing

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:35 am   View user's profile Send private message
Kianu

I'm anxious for CU to read the book. I kept hearing CU (okay, seeing, since I've never actually heard his voice, but you can taste the flavor of his literary voice) in the wry whit of Minty Fresh. And of course the whole Kitty thing was a riot. I asked AG if any of the personalities from the board ever bleed into the characters of his books. He said no, just some of the vocabulary, like fucktard which came from Q I think. Maybe it's just me doing a little transference thing, but I still got a big kick outa the book.

If I were an alien, I'd give it three appendages up. Since I ain't, I'll give the book 2 thumbs up and "You go Boy!"

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

Kitty!

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jaandlu

Honestly, I think this was the most well written of all of the AG's books. It seemed to me that the AG is actually improving as a writer. Is that possible?

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Vahlee

The first thing that really had me rolling was the phrase "Terrorist Baby Bomb."

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kate R

Bravo! Of course, being an AG book, I loved it, but the cover SOOOOOO gave the ending away. I loved all of the snyde political comments too. Whoo hoo.

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lisa M

I snorted water out my nose while reading the bearded man/Mohammad/Jesus section. And, I have taken to calling my dog Hallmark `hellhound.` It fits.

Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:09 am   View user's profile Send private message
JennyO

Dammit. I'm buying the book today and buying another copy at the signing. I can't control my clicky finger.

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
palmer

Kianu wrote:
I'm anxious for CU to read the book. I kept hearing CU (okay, seeing, since I've never actually heard his voice, but you can taste the flavor of his literary voice) in the wry whit of Minty Fresh. And of course the whole Kitty thing was a riot. I asked AG if any of the personalities from the board ever bleed into the characters of his books. He said no, just some of the vocabulary, like fucktard which came from Q I think. Maybe it's just me doing a little transference thing, but I still got a big kick outa the book.

If I were an alien, I'd give it three appendages up. Since I ain't, I'll give the book 2 thumbs up and "You go Boy!"

Night's Plutonian Shore

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Thnx Kianu...

I finished the book about a week after its release... i had another book to finish first... Minty Fresh... hmmmm... I don't know if I can see that... Although, if the monsters were zombies instead of demons, I would so run them over with a big boat of a car...

The Wife told me, several times while she read the book, that I am the ultimate Beta Male... after reading 2 pages, I thought maybe she was onto something... by the time I finished the book, I started thinking that maybe Charlie was really me... but less manly...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Kianu

CU- I was chatting about this with Jaandlu at the LA party, and he also got a CU/Minty Fresh notion. From the tone of your posts, I hadn't thought of you as a beta male, at least you're an Alpha 'round here. What did you think of the Kitty thing?

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zip

I shall finally read this book this weekend, dammit.

Post Fri May 12, 2006 7:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: