Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Do you guys read the blog? OR, oh look, Chris has pics!!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JulieB

Do you guys read the blog? OR, oh look, Chris has pics!!  Reply with quote  

Umm. I am just pointing the blog out. I am sort of embarrassed that I keep pointing it out.

The pics are fine. I have pics from the first women's march in D.C. regarding Violence Against Women. I would post them but many women did not have shirts on and I need to scan them. Plus, I looked a little butch in the pics. (No offense to my very good lesbian friends, but I did) SO, they will not get posted EVER. Wink I was in my angry period. That's all I have to say about it.

What I find amazing is the fact that illegal and legal Mexicans find the time to march in the thousands. We, as white bread america sit in front of our t.v.s and complain. We are too busy with Desperate Housewives, Lost or some other stupid show to get away from our t.v.'s and CARE. S'plain that to me? What happened to the 60's? What happened to protests? What happened to us (white bread america) taking charge and realizing our roots? (IMMIGRANTS) What the Fuck happened?

My one rant.

Thanks Chris.

Julie

(sorry Chris but you started it with your pics. Wink )

Post Wed May 17, 2006 8:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Laveric

Sadly it seems that something is seriously wrong with us. When 2 out of 3 people (according to approval rating polls) dislike our president we should be out talking about it. Yet we are cowed into silence by the constant threats made against our safety. It seems that most people would rather sit quietly in discontent than fight the powers that be. Yet considering the penalties for speaking up (like a nice visit from the Department of Homeland Security as one of my friends found out) I am not amazed.

We live in a time of fear, sad as it may be. So we sit quietly and sulk in hopes we will be fine.

Oh, and Chris.... where are the pics of the opposing side? They are normally really funny. It never ceases to amaze me the misspellings, and poor grammar of the protestors. Another fun thing is to see if they hide from your camera. Every gay pride march I have attended they are out there with video cameras making records of us, and they often hide behind their signs so we don't record they were there. You'd think if we can stand up and be proud of our side, they could be proud of theirs... apparently not.

Post Wed May 17, 2006 11:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

hmm the only protest I went to (no the one at school... that didnt count...) was to get our troops put of Iraq and to help bring peace. my god... there we Quakers, (wonderful people, my mom is one), Budhist monks, some guy who advertises free stuff... I cant remember his name.... hes the guy who is tall, wears question marks on hios chlothes and has a Van with question marks.... I saw a giant Bush playing with the earth, and tossing around, my dad and I listening to the music and kept watching. it was really fun.

there were tons of misspelligns but we also had a few other things. everytime I kept wandering off my dad would upset with me and freak out. I only wanted to explore and came back with tons of Anti Bush buttons., if I knew wehre they went now... then I would tell you.

ok now whats wrong with us?

well I'll tell ya, when a whole neighborhood has no electricity adn pepco doenst have enough smart people to help and the neighborhood runs out of power for a month a half, we need smart people!!

Katrina.. GET OFF YOUR ASS IN IRAQ AND STOP BOMBIONG ADN HELP PEOPLE!! DAMNIT!! THEY ARE STILL DYING!! I sent loads oif my precious amen, and canned soup to them as well as donated money, to Hurricane katrina and tsunami. my dad helped reconstruct it a bit. the people in new orleans are withought shelter and its hurricne season again. and Bush adn his minions are too busy and worried about immigration laws to help with people who have been loyal to him. know what else bugs me? hmm lets think what else bugs ROM about our country? well the fact that thers a lonly orca in Miami who has been there i na pool, no wait let me refrase that.. A teacup! she has been ther for 20 yrs adn is sick, needs help, and seems to want to be freed. she gets little to no rest and her pool is 80' by 35' and its only 20ft deep. that orca is 22' long.
lumberg imitation: yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah....... about that.....
were gonna need her in a bigger tank... like say.... ORegon coast?? taht might help!! really it might!!

now more importantly people seriously the folks in NEw orleans are withought much of anythign all Bus h did to really help was go down there adn play three chords on his acoustic, E,A D what does that play? good questoion.. but in his way its a redneck tune and I klnow he doent care about black people casue he never helps them. he only helps whites who are texans adn are his friens.... hmmm mok yeah I'm not heere to offend anyone. I'm here to bring out the trueth of that, but lets get thsi straight I sit on the phone with my friens and make fun of the feds and whoever else is listening in on me. untill they dont do it again.... my friends adn I hang out in person adn tlk to one another then go somewhere and hang out.

Post Thu May 18, 2006 12:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

oh btw LOVE the pics chris!!

Post Thu May 18, 2006 12:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rizak the Really Horrible

MADE TO FEEL UNWELCOME

Last edited by Rizak the Really Horrible on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu May 18, 2006 5:06 am   View user's profile Send private message
JulieB

Here is what I attended. I was an active member of NOW at the time. 200,000 people rallied. It was amazing.

http://www.now.org/issues/violence/rally95/overview.html

Post Thu May 18, 2006 7:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
travist

politics? isn't there a rule about this, at least another forum...but shiny colorful photos are neat...

Post Thu May 18, 2006 10:35 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
palmer

Interesting. Pictures of things that stand up straight, taller than wide. Monuments, buildings, flagpoles...

(Heh, heh...)

Ah, the sixties! So glad I got over them!

Re the term "whitebread" http://bbs.chrismoore.com/viewtopic.php?p=92741#92741

Post Thu May 18, 2006 5:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

blog??? What blog??? CM has a blog??? Why are we just now hearing about this???

dammit I want my money back!!!
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Fri May 19, 2006 1:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: