Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

AG be dissing the east coast, yo.

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hillary

AG be dissing the east coast, yo.  Reply with quote  

Very sad.

*sniffles*

Well, I got to see you a couple of months ago, so I'll just shut my bitch mouth now.

No love for the Boston babes.

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lauren

What, no NEBA?  Reply with quote  

PNBA? Feh. Feh, I say!

Actually, I can't bitch about you not being at NEBA for me to harrass, as I'm getting sent to fucking Dearborn, Michigan for the Great Lakes Booksellers convention that same weekend. Not that there's anything wrong with GLBA. Probably time I put faces to the people I've been talking to on the phone for three years now; it's just that NEBA has been my home convention for oh, ten years now...

Flashback time! Hell, CM, I made a fangirl ass out of myself at my very first NEBA - you were signing Love Nun. I passed by the Avon Books table soon after I got out of line, and the lovely Karen from Avon (now Harper) saw me, recognized me from the bookstore, and told me you'd be back to the table after the signing was over. I came back later and I think my question was something about literary allusions in Love Nun - I know I stumbled all over my words, but you were a good sport about it - and you talked about Damon Runyon. Oh, the NEBA memories...

And I hear those Pacific Northwesterners are pretty hip. Isn't Klari out that way?

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
earthshoes

You know . . . Missouri is nice this time of year. Autumn is just around the corner--red golden leaves, pumpkins, frost-blue fog on the hill tops, loyal fans who would probably travel as far away as St. Louis (six hours from home) to get her preordered copy of Stupidest Angel signed . . .

small, not melodramatic sigh

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chris
Site Admin

I was just in St. Louis in July. And how the hell to you get anywhere six hours away from anywhere else in Missouri? I mean, it's a good sized state, but six hours? That's 400 miles. Let me get my map.

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
earthshoes

OOPS! Edited to say that I apparently didn't read Lamb until after you'd come and gone.

We're waaay down near the Arkansas border (thirty miles north of it). Add some hills, some sharp curves and some traffic and you've got at least six hours.

Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Unc

If you ever feel like a trip to Paris, or can figure out a way to either get your publisher to pay for it or write it all off Laughing I'd be willing to help set up a few booksigning/speaking gigs here. So far, The American Library In Paris has only one of your books (Lust Lizard), but I plan to correct that disturbance in the Force soon. And there are a remarkable number of English-language bookstores here that host writers.

In general, your humor may be over the heads of the French ("Why is that person at the next table laughing out loud while reading that book...doesn't he know we're trying to be serious here?!"), but it's been a saving grace for me here. Gotta laugh. It's just not life without it.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Unc, my French publisher was supposed to bring me to France this June, but they wouldn't give me travel arrangements far enough in advance for me to make plans, so I cancelled. If they aren't too pissed off, maybe next year.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Robb

In general, your humor may be over the heads of the French ("Why is that person at the next table laughing out loud while reading that book...doesn't he know we're trying to be serious here?!"),

Unc, two words: Jerry Lewis.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tal

Re: AG be dissing the east coast, yo.  Reply with quote  

Hillary wrote:
AG be dissing the east coast, yo
No love for the Boston babes.

Word.

No love for Marylanders either. Sad

*still treasures the signed copy of Fluke from AG that Alan secured*

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dave

C'mon people, this is a road trip to Logan just begging to happen. Hang out in Vegas for a few days.. Cruise on over to LA or San Diego to see the man and take in some sights. Sounds to me like a welcome break between the turkey with my weirdo family & the xmas insanity..

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:07 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: