Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Broken Hearts, a poll.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

How long does it take to get over a broken heart?
Broken hearts are like diamonds. Forever. You'll never get over it.
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
You still have a broken heart? We don't even know the guy!
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
It's a little bit algebraic. You take the length of time you were together, divided by 2, add in the asshole factor, subtract 4 and convert that number to years. Yes years.
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
You have to meet somebody new.
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

broken hearts:

well lets see,

mine was broken once and my friends swear that Iwas too young to know what it felt like. no that was a lie, he never knew love, he doesnt at all. I learned and did some math on it. I know what love is, I am have a good idea and it is hard to explain the feeling but when I broke up with the person I feel like I loved then and still do, I felt like my world exploded. I lost track of who Iwas, and then forgot all time. to me I am still 17, and he is still the age he was at that time. I dated someone n anotherstate and then another guy shortly after that guy.

only one really hurt, I wasnt ready to move on and still am not. if he asks me out I would hapilly date him but I a mwaiting again to get to know him better and to set things right.

so my answer was the algeabraic thing. it varies from person to person

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
knikkki

Thanks everybody. 42% of you think I need to meet somebody new (of course, my vote is in there as well.) So .. you know, hook me up!

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

knikkki wrote:
Thanks everybody. 42% of you think I need to meet somebody new (of course, my vote is in there as well.) So .. you know, hook me up!

Hey! When we were on Mission and 4th street, I recall a very nice "good looking" man just looking for a little spare change. I think I can hook you up.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zip

knikkki wrote:

As far as I know, Dog is available now. He sometimes works in northern California instead of southern California. Come to the Double Z Ranch and we'll hook ya up.

Wink

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
i8tokyo

I allowed it to happen once.(July 4th, 1979) After it took it's toll on me for awhile, a friend of mine left a message on my answering machine (a song actually) which put things in perspective for me. Now, I view love as something you share. I'm just cafeful who I share with. Goodluck with the healing.

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Last edited by i8tokyo on Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

suetu wrote:
. . . Maybe one day you and I will be able to look back on a few decades with a wonderful man. I hope so. We deserve that.
I'll second both the hope and the deservedness, for both Knikkki and Sue.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lloydface

I got dumped in January, the 9th of January this year. It sucked. Not only that, there was a horrible while after where there was this confusing are we arent we yoke going on.

I'm getting ok now Very Happy We're good friends now but its kinda strange being friends with someone like that, someone i was in love with. But... bleh. I distracted myself, took up kung fu, wrote alot. That made me ok. Hung out with good friends who i really missed while having the girl.

You'll be grand. Chin up, as they say

Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:50 am   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DanaMichelle

I love you, Knikkki, and I won't break your heart! I promise! Very Happy

I've had mine broken a lot (even lately) and I always start to build a wall to protect myself, but then I just get really lonely and bitter. Love is always a risk, but I know that eventually I'll find someone who will look and see "me", and they will say, "Wow! She is SOOO great!". Until that day, I just keep a chain link fence up so they can't rush in too easy, but still can climb over if they are determined.

Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dougp

Many years ago, in a bar far, far away. I glanced up and through a drunken haze read the following- If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it. A brutal but effective philosophy, that leaves little room for futile thought of what might have been. I prefer some John Prine and a massive dose(s) of Percodan. After about 30 days of this they usually are willing to see it my way, and get back to cooking some dinner and cleaning up the place.

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Boota, while your method is fine for men.
I think knikkki is of the fairer sex (she may be deceving us.) Laughing
In which case, duct tape and a hammer tacker is what she is looking for.
The duct tape goes over his eyes and you beat him with the
hammer tacker.
It may not mend your broken heart, but the felony charges will definately
keep your mind off the failed relationship. Razz

Chin up my dear, if you are as kind, witty, intelligent, and easy on the
eyes. As you appear to be here, a geniune man will avail himself to you.
Good Luck, Good Hunting. Twisted Evil

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: