Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Newb from the DC area
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kdubya

Newb from the DC area  Reply with quote  

Hello ya'll---

Wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Kevin and I am Chris Moore fan from Vienna Va, just outside of DC. I discovered Chris Moore last year when I picked up a copy of Fluke. With in a few weeks I had read all his books. I eagerly await You Suck and the tour visit to DC in Feb..

Also of note I am soon to be a father for the first time, I just hope my son isn't the Luminatus.

So that is me in a nut shell.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Re: Newb from the DC area  Reply with quote  

kdubya wrote:
Hello ya'll---

Wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Kevin and I am Chris Moore fan from Vienna Va, just outside of DC. I discovered Chris Moore last year when I picked up a copy of Fluke. With in a few weeks I had read all his books. I eagerly await You Suck and the tour visit to DC in Feb..

Also of note I am soon to be a father for the first time, I just hope my son isn't the Luminatus.

So that is me in a nut shell.

Well, you take that risk when you have kids. Two words, Kevin: No Kitty.

Welcome

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

Greetings, Kevin. If you'd just shown up a week earlier, you could have had dinner with some of the senior Divas and Divos of the board, as we were dining in town that day. Alas, you have missed your opportunity and are hereby sentenced to eight weeks of gnawing regret.

You should start by checking out the rules and giving them all the respect they deserve.

To see who (or what) the rest of us are, check out some of the items in Who's Who, especially

If you'd like to tell us more about yourself those are great items to get you going.

Restrict spoilers about 'A Dirty Job' to that specific forum. And I expect there will be a 'You Suck' forum shortly, with similar restrictions.

Honor Sara the Board Mother and Ginjg the owner. Reverently respect Ken, who keeps it all going. Swoon about Hillary's and Y's avatars, giggle insanely at Lib's. Watch out for the pica stick, thagomizer and stubor. Don't drink the kool-aid (no matter what Ja says), do indulge in the pie, and watch out for the pudding cannon.

We're moderately off kilter (and off-color), but mostly harmless. Except for Joe, who will be along shortly to check you for unauthorized possesion of Ann Coulter materials.

So - stack, strip, and start postin'. And don't make me call She Who Must Be Obeyed. Never get into a dispute with a woman who buys needles by the store-full.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris

Hi there, K-Dub. Did ya bring me pie? Now just relax, gotta check for illegal Ann Coulter smuggling. Isn't it odd the way she ends up in places where there are other turds for company...

<<<SNAP!!!>>>

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
zendao42

Welcome- hope Joe was gentle!

Have some cocoa! It may help soothe your nerves, after your encounter with Joe- & save some for later, like all those sleepless nights with a new baby. But don't be bogarting the pie...

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TuckCase

Welcome Kdubya,

Only started posting yesterday myself, so have a beer.

(Popping sound, then suds)

Ah, nice. Anyway, congrats on the first-time daddy thing. My only turns 13 in another few weeks, and I was just commiserating the other day on how time flies. I've only got 1 pieces of advice for ya:

Enjoy EVERY goddamned minute of it. Yes, even the spills, the tears and the 2:00 feedings, amigo. You will treasure those moments forever, trust me.

Oh yeah, and slip em their first CM book as soon as you, the parent, feels appropriate.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:16 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Joelibris

"Oh. My. Gawwwwwwd! Your dad, like, lets you read THAT? He must be, like, soooo kewl!"

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lisa

Hi. Welcome to the Christopher Moore Thread Jacking Board.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Laveric

TuckCase wrote:
Oh yeah, and slip em their first CM book as soon as you, the parent, feels appropriate.

Hmmm, well I guess they can not really read until in grade school... so you probably want to wait till then.

Maybe we need CM board books for kids? Hook 'em while they are young!

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:30 am   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

Hey! Did you bring pie? I'm starving! Very Happy Stick around....

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Very Happy Hey, where's that pie?
Laveric wrote:
TuckCase wrote:

Hmmm, well I guess they can not really read until in grade school... so you probably want to wait till then.

Maybe we need CM board books for kids? Hook 'em while they are young!

Just for the record, I could read when I was 2- not that CM was an option then!

I'm thinking about CM books for kids & trying not to spray cocoa out my nose... Laughing

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fortune cookie

Welcome Kdubya.
Um, I heard the word PIE.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Laveric

zendao42 wrote:
Just for the record, I could read when I was 2- not that CM was an option then!

I'm thinking about CM books for kids & trying not to spray cocoa out my nose... Laughing

I was thinking about the average rather than exceptional cases. Though doing a series of books for pre-readers would be good as well. Maybe a nice picture book? Twisted Evil

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

Seriously, Terry Pratchett has a book called "Where's My Cow?" based on characters from the Night Watch and since my teens are obsessed by Terry Pratchett, I bought this book for them kind of as a joke, but my two year old is obsessed with it Cool ................................................. check it out
http://www.amazon.com/Wheres-Cow-Discworld-Terry-Pratchett/dp/0060872675/sr=1-1/qid=1168823779/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8158140-8957603?ie=UTF8&s=books

Last week after reading this book for the thousandth time we were joking around that there should be a NO KITTY book to read to her! Laughing

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Notdeadyet

Idea O.K. by a consensus of 5 if the AG can't get the artist who did the cover art to do a picture book, he must at any cost get Ian Falconer to do the art work..... my teens say the two senses of humor together would be "horrifyingly awesome"
Here is a link... although, these pictures don't do it any justice... it must be hard to photograph black...... seriously, get your hands on this book and see if it isn't so.............................. Twisted Evil
http://www.amazon.com/Olivia-Missing-Toy-Ian-Falconer/dp/0689837372/sr=1-4/qid=1168824149/ref=sr_1_4/002-8158140-8957603?ie=UTF8&s=books

Anyway, Kdubya, Congratulations, Welcome, and remember, studies show if you read to the baby out loud at night, it can hear you RIGHT NOW!! Go get reading man! Oh, and don't forget to bring your lady a pie!! Laughing

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: