Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

To my cousin Americans....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

What is -Canada's- Capital city? (Without cheating)
A. Toronto
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
B. Saskatoon
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
C. Ottawa
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lara

Re: Oh, Canada!  Reply with quote  

Amigo wrote:
Lara wrote:
You do realize anyone could google the answer to almost any question you ask about Canada if they gave a shit.

OUCH! Is this an example of the "ugly American?"

And I should apologize for my response to a post that cited a comedy series whose premise it is to show how ignorant Americans are about Canadian policies as proof that we are clueless?

I don't think so.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

since canadia is NOT a real country, it has no capital...  Reply with quote  

dougp wrote:
This thread is spam, right? Why the fuck can't somebody stop this god awful spam? Native Hawaiians like spam. Nobody else likes spam. Damn the frostbacks and their spam!

At first I thought this was some sort of spam thingy, but after re-reaading the poll, I realized it was actually a pathetic excuse for trolling... The Poll was the give away -- EVERYONE knows that this is a trick question... ONLY REAL counties get to have capitals...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:56 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

They have a real capital. Its Ottumwa; no, that's in Iowa...Otterwater; no, that's fur-bearing mammal urine...Oughtawanna; no that's part of the Bojangle's slogan...damn, I'll figure it out sooner or later...

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vgndoll

joe, you knew so many canadians, i was starting to think you were their ruler. i was scared there for a minute.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:05 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

I'm just inquisitive; as in "Why does this music suck so bad?" "Because it's canadidian." "Oh, that explains it all!"

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
twan_deeth_ree

Ain't nuthin' like some freshly squeezed otterwater in the mornin'.

Hell, I 'member back when I was knee-high to a dragonfly, I'd have three or four glasses b'fore lunch.

Uh-hyuh.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:09 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Now, now, people, this is getting out of hand.

As a gesture of friendship, let us all -- Amurrrrrcans and Canadiennians -- take a trip to the Haskell Free Library and Opera House and attend the current show in the theatre together. (Last August they were featuring Hello, Dolly!, according to the posted flyers.) Then we can go into the library itself and participate in a square dance literally over the borderline. Wink

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
mllefifi

Speaking of convenience stores, if any of you yanks go to Quebec, be sure to keep a look out for places labeled "depanneur" or something like that. That's a convenience store.

Another good thing about Canada is that the Coca-Cola isn't made with high-fructose corn syrup. Cool

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
vgndoll

Another good thing about Canada is that the Coca-Cola isn't made with high-fructose corn syrup. Cool[/quote

and earlier today i was thinking the only good thing about canada was canada mints. thanks. Wink

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Amigo

I'll second that...  Reply with quote  

zendao42 wrote:
I, too, hate pointless threads[...]

...along with those who constantly insert tiny font inanities.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Amigo

Lara wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Lara wrote:
You do realize anyone could google the answer to almost any question you ask about Canada if they gave a shit.

OUCH! Is this an example of the "ugly American?"

And I should apologize for my response to a post that cited a comedy series whose premise it is to show how ignorant Americans are about Canadian policies as proof that we are clueless?

I don't think so.

No, you're just being a bitch. There have been many more inane threads here than this one, but, for some reason everyone seems to be in attack mode on this one in particular.

I'm beginning to think it's time to move on to someplace where people are treated with just a tad more respect and courtesy.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
twan_deeth_ree

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was just foolin'.

I love Canada and I think they're a bit more sensible than us 'marakans when it comes to a whole slew of topics.

(socialized medicine, gay marriage, decriminalized marijuana, etc.)

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Re: I'll second that...  Reply with quote  

Amigo wrote:
[...] tiny font inanities.

Oh, those are the most wonderful little trifles, made out of a unique combination of Quebec-grown ingredients. The French translation escapes me at the moment, but they are absolutely delicious!!!!

The only place that you can buy them is on the Gaspé Peninsula, at a little tourist-trap known as Percé.
Very Happy

(Just kidding, y'all. I got a really nice picture of the Percé Rock when I was there.)

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kar98

Amigo wrote:

I'm beginning to think it's time to move on to someplace where people are treated with just a tad more respect and courtesy.

Well, what do you expect? She (I assume) comes barging in, her first post is about how all of us Americans are obviously stupid because they can't name the capital of Frozen Butte Territory, and that's supposed to garner respect and courtesy? The sheer audacity of it all! Insults and abuse! I'm not American! Shocked

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vgndoll

twan_deeth_ree wrote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I was just foolin'.

I love Canada and I think they're a bit more sensible than us 'marakans when it comes to a whole slew of topics.

(socialized medicine, gay marriage, decriminalized marijuana, etc.)

i too can't speak for others, i don't hate canada, i mean those mints are delicious, and who could resist the kids in the hall? i don't think too many people here hate an entire nation based on silly notions.
ps, saw your pic on the other thread and your kid is so cute, but what is he looking at?

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: