Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> YOU SUCK: A Love Story

YOU SUCK is the BEST book title EVER
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
knikkki

YOU SUCK is the BEST book title EVER  Reply with quote  

I went on a business trip today, and proudly carried You Suck through the airports. I held it utilizing the Chico State Beer Stance, which basically means it ends up title outward for all the world to see.

People were staring.

I'm not kidding.

When I finish it (which, sadly is almost ready to happen) I'm seriously thinking of taking the dust jacket off and putting it on another book to take to the airport.

Plus ... it's not just a book title, it's also a message to the world.

Love it! Love, love, love, Abby ...

Oh, and I posted a review on amazon if anybody wants to vote on how helpful you find it. Smile

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vgndoll

i personally like the book title for many reasons too.
we hadn't preordered, so i had "You Suck" written on all the calendars in the house, capped and in sharpie (i have a horrendous memory). i'm more of a pencil girl and i rarely cap. when my husband saw this on the calendars, he asked me what i was planning to do on the 16 and why i hated him so much? he's so silly.

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:11 am   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko

Re: YOU SUCK is the BEST book title EVER  Reply with quote  

knikkki wrote:
I went on a business trip today, and proudly carried You Suck through the airports. I held it utilizing the Chico State Beer Stance, which basically means it ends up title outward for all the world to see.

People were staring.

I'm not kidding.

When I finish it (which, sadly is almost ready to happen) I'm seriously thinking of taking the dust jacket off and putting it on another book to take to the airport.

Is it even moore fun than mooning people with the Hichicker's Guide..." cover?

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

This was a fun book cover too... Wink
"OMG, what the hell are you reading?!" Laughing

But it's hard to beat YS for a title:

"What are you reading?"

"YOU SUCK!"

"Sorry! I was just asking... Sad "

Cool Yeah, I love it!

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Laveric

gracie wrote:
Can you believe that there is a whole segment of the population that is ... wait for it....offended by the title??

I can absolutely believe that. I find there are some people who will get offended by anything.

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:40 am   View user's profile Send private message
Beta Male Mike

I preordered YOU SUCK with another book called SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP.

It was hilarious when the bookstore lady asked me for the name of each book.

"What's the first title sir?"

"You Suck"

Then she looks at me with her eye brows in a V and her lips all crumpled up most likely thinking -- did you just say what I think you said fat boy.

Then after she realized that I had told her the actual title of the book, she relaxed and giggled.

"What's the other book sir?"

"Sit Down and Shut Up."

"I'm beginning to since a patteren here," said bookstore lady.

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

It's not what you say. It's how you say it. Say it nicely next time.

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Darquewillow_Lily

Greatest. Title. Ever! EVERYBODY stared at me. My English teacher couldn't put it down and kept giggling. The two guys that sit behind me in Algebra II would neither give it back nor put it down; the teacher had to threaten to take it away (and that's when I almost had a mild heart attack).

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Nevermore26

When I asked for it at the book store, by the full title, You Suck : A Love Story, a day before its release, the two girls behind the counter said, almost in unison, "Heh, that sounds like my life's story." Then they looked at each other & giggled. The AG, spreading mirth wherever he goes, even to people who haven't read the book!

Nevermore...

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

gracie wrote:
Can you believe that there is a whole segment of the population that is ... wait for it....offended by the title??

Those people wouldn't fare well where I grew up. The phrase "that sucks" in any it's derevations was viewed as a shortened version of the phrase "that sucks hind tit" which had been in use for generations and meant that when a cow was suckling more than one calf, the calf that had to suckle the teet furthest back on the udder had a much more difficult time being able to reach the teet and, therefore, sucking hind tit was considered to be a very unpleasant situation.

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HazelRah

I mentioned this elsewhere ......

If there is a third book it should have a title when abbreviated that has the initials VD.......VD:A Love story. And best if it is released on Valentines Day.....so you can give VD to the ones you love

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wonko

HazelRah wrote:

If there is a third book it should have a title when abbreviated that has the initials VD.......VD:A Love story. And best if it is released on Valentines Day.....so you can give VD to the ones you love

Warning: spoiler alert for information given at book signing.

The AG said at the signing that when he was writing BSF: ALS, he had titles for a total of four books in the ...A Love Story series. He didn't didn't know then, and still isn't sure if he will write books to go with all of the titles but he hasn't ruled out at least one more. I'm sorry to break it to you, but VD: ALS wasn't one of the titles of possible books he mentioned.

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

HazelRah wrote:

"Vampire D____: A Love Store"

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
shilofreeze

I brought it to my church tonight. It was funny.

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:33 am   View user's profile Send private message
Aubie

My husband doesn't read much, so when he saw me on the couch he asked what I was reading (he just likes to know and he knows I love AG). I showed him the cover and he was like:

Is that about a blow job?

Then he saw AG's name and said:

Biff's getting a blow job?

I laughed my ass off.

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: