Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> YOU SUCK: A Love Story

Questions on the ending...(Spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dameon-Vincent-Tower

Questions on the ending...(Spoilers)  Reply with quote  

Was the blood that Foo and Abby sent to Jared at the hotel sedated or did Jody and Tommy willingly encase themselves in Bronze? If they did not do it willingly which I am assuming is the case does that mean Abby is an enemy now or what? One more thing, Abby saw that they had been crying, (are their tears always bloody?) and yelled "oh hell no!" what did she realize that I didn't?

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Notdeadyet

I just assumed that they did it while they were "out" in the daytime.
The sun comes up, she says "Oh, hell no" as the sun comes up and in the next Chapter she tells her sweet love foo..."I'm not ready"... I took the "oh hell no" to mean that she was realizing they had to have a plan and that they had one day to figure something before the showdown between all the vampires was going to have to occur.
(Of course, I could be completely ate up as apparently I have Alzheimer's)
O.K. Madison is in Wisconsin and so is Fond Du Lac and Blue had to have a real name at some point!! So it wasn't that far out was it?? Shocked

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Dameon-Vincent-Tower

Maybe...But  Reply with quote  

The chapter after that talks about how she talked to Foo and whatever and how they gave Jared some blood for Tommy and Jody when they woke up, after that they go to the loft and clean up and when they get done the alarm goes off signaling twenty minutes till sundown. Why give blood to Tommy and Jody if they Bronzed them during the day? I think I must be missing something.

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Notdeadyet

OH, I thought that blood was the "changing back to human" blood. I thought AG wanted us to think they were going to make them human and then FOO said are you sure about this, I thought she changed her mind.......but we should get some more people in here.... where's Zen and Joe???? Confused

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko

When I read it, I just assumed that the blood was just so that Jody and Tommy could feed when they woke, but now that you mention it, it could have had a sedative in it, since neither of them showed up at the loft during the 2 hours that the Animals were being... uh... unturned... returned... uhh... whatever you call it.

The "Oh, hell no!" I interpreted as Abby getting caught up by the whole romance of their tragic love story as in: "Oh, hell no! That's so, like, uber-goth-romantic that they cry tears of blood." with the fear that whatever they decide to do, one or both of them is going to be deeply hurt.

But then, I just a hopless romantic.

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dameon-Vincent-Tower

Wonko I like your interpretation a lot, and I pretty much agree with you on that part. Now though the only thing that remains is to figure out if the blood was sedated or not.

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Dameon-Vincent-Tower

I agree completely with why they were bronzed, but if the blood was not sedated why then did Tommy and Jody not show up at the loft or were they on house arrest in the hotel room since they were unaware of Elijah's leaving?

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Dameon-Vincent-Tower

And that solves it! Thanks for that, I can finally start a new book in peace now.

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Wonko

D-V-T, I love your avatar!

Satchel rules!!!

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dameon-Vincent-Tower

Thanks, Get Fuzzy is one of my favorite comics purely for the facial expressions.

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
shilofreeze

Re: Questions on the ending...(Spoilers)  Reply with quote  

Dameon-Vincent-Tower wrote:
Was the blood that Foo and Abby sent to Jared at the hotel sedated or did Jody and Tommy willingly encase themselves in Bronze? If they did not do it willingly which I am assuming is the case does that mean Abby is an enemy now or what? One more thing, Abby saw that they had been crying, (are their tears always bloody?) and yelled "oh hell no!" what did she realize that I didn't?

well Tommy did it to Jody and Elijah.... I imagine it will be pretty funny 3 years later or something in the third book =D

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:11 am   View user's profile Send private message
Casually yours

We have no reason to think that Tommy knows how to float around in that nice vapor-state, right? So, he's in there starving as opposed to peacefully floating. Which is no less than he deserves as he's a nasty little selfish shit. It seems to me that Jody and Tommy were right on the verge of moving on to their next stage of life separately...Jody as an evolved vamp, Tommy back to being a terminally horny little turkey-bowling zitface. Then Abby, in her dreamy goth selfishness, decides that their epic love must be preserved and takes it upon herself to freeze them. I find this to be ironically hysterical, actually. That they were about to free themselves from their ties to eachother and are now bound in a metal-encased stasis! Genius!

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko

Casually yours wrote:
We have no reason to think that Tommy knows how to float around in that nice vapor-state, right?

We do know that Jody has told him how to turn to vapor, but Tommy just hadn't been able to do yet. But, you are correct that we have no way of knowing for sure if he will ever be able to do it, himself. If I recall correctly, Jody had remembered at one point that it took her a little while to work it out herself, and had only successfully done it once before she was bronzed the first time. but that only gives the basis for speculation as to whether Tommy can work it out.

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aitros

I think Jody can teach him...it says that they embracing in a kiss when they were bronzed...makes me think that they have ample places touchijng, including mouths.

2. I don't think Tommy can be considered selfish. He did not choose to be a vampire, nor did he choose to be encased in bronze.

3. The conversation between Tommy and Jody in the hotel room leads me to believe that he was going to choose to be a vampire for Jody. They both confessed their deep love for each other, Jody really doesn't want to go back, and, after reassuring that they can't go back to the way it was, he simply said "ok"

4. Whats gonna happen if and when they get out, to Abby? She did encase them in bronze and technically stole there loft.

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: