Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

...and they knew that pretty soon, the elastic would snap...

Should I let my hair grow until Christmas or not?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
No - cut cut cut!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FattyFattyPorkFace

...and they knew that pretty soon, the elastic would snap...  Reply with quote  

It's like I've never been away...except for the new BBS, the comings and goings of about a thousand different people and my change of name. Yes, I've ditched BritJeff" in favour of a newly acquired and highly flattering nickname, FattyFattyPorkFace...but you can call me Jeff if you want. FFPF seems popular too and although some are attempting to call me Slow, Elvis and Girly Boy, I am resisting them and will not answer.

So, what's new?

I haven't cut my hair recently. I've written loads more tunes. I've finally read all of Mr Moore's books AND I'm well on the way to increasing my reader circle to 3 people!! That is an achievement in my world.

Now, something about me...I'm 6'4", blue eyes, dark hair, singer, songwriter, software engineer (we ignore that bit), farmer's son, charming e-mailer and texter (so I'm told by my Mum) and all round good egg.

Oh and my birthday is the 8th March 1977. So young and so jaded.

Not sure what else to put right now. Hope everyone is sparkly and well.

Jeff

Last edited by FattyFattyPorkFace on Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chris
Site Admin

Hey Jeff. Welcome back.

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Welcome back. I wondered what had happened to you.

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Robb

Welcome back, Check out the fan fiction, Sounds like we've both been ding some writing. Good to have you back. And if you want to complain about the joys of quitting tobacco my ears are open.

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FattyFattyPorkFace

Words, songs, girls in thongs  Reply with quote  

Ok, the girls in thongs was just cause it rhymed...sorry to disappoint.

I've written LOADS of lyrics and quite a few tunes. My biggest problem is that I want to do my next CD properly. My first and only CD, Exist, was done with me sat in front of my home computer. I had a rubbish microphone and everything was recorded live (me and acousitc guitar)...I then proceeded to swamp many things with reverb to try and improve things. It sounded ok...but not good enough.

This time I want to have drums...I want bass...I want harmonies and things. But with just me and my computer, that's both difficult and time consuming. I'd like a band but getting one together that would get on well enough etc etc...it's a nightmare. So I keep writing and recording demoes with the hope that one day I'll make these songs sing like they deserve.

One thing is for sure...the songs are better than the first CD...and there are many of them. Dammit, that's two things.

Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sara Leigh

As I recall, Dave S. hooked into some online collaborative music group. They'd each record their part and then somebody would put it all together? Something like that. Maybe he'll be stopping by soon, taking a break from changing diapers, and you can ask. Better yet, send him an e-mail; I'm pretty sure he's got one in his profile.

Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: