Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> YOU SUCK: A Love Story

The 3 Vampires
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jillopy

The 3 Vampires  Reply with quote  

Who were the 3 vampires that came and took Elijah and Blue with them? Were they mentioned before and I'm just not remembering? Where did they go? And, why did Elijah have a change of heart and say that Blue was the last one?

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

all good questions ...

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cornman

the 3 vamps were created my elijah.
he lied to jody about actually killing them. well, actually, i guess you can say he really did "kill" them so no lie there.
they might have been "decommissioned" for a time but they ended up "living" by elijah's set rules.
for one reason or another they came to collect the master, call him on his own rules and move him along.
he saw that the animals were no longer vamps, blue was taking to the whole vampy thing quite well and he DOES love jody and wants her to be happy and not lonely and, especially, with the new turn of events, not dead-dead.
so, to save face, he's all "yeppers yo, blue here's the only one and she's a keeper so mist-up and let's catch the first breeze outta this town. yo." (that's how you end up talking after spending a few days in a matching jump-suit)

not to worry, it'll all be explained in book three.

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

See, here I am under the impression that the three are actually older ones than El.

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cornman

Kar98 wrote:
See, here I am under the impression that the three are actually older ones than El.

i thought so too, at first. when they materialized in front of the emperor. but then, when they caught up to elijah, they said something about being able to survive by following HIS rules.
maybe it's the good wine and the better jazz but that's what i be pickin up from the book.

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jillopy

In another thread, KateR said that the 3 vamps were in BSF. I'll have to reread that one since it's been awhile.

I understood that Elijah had created them. I guess I was just more confused as to why they showed up and why Elijah followed them.

Hopefully, this will all be explained in the next one.....

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
zevon

Jillopy wrote:
In another thread, KateR said that the 3 vamps were in BSF. I'll have to reread that one since it's been awhile.

I understood that Elijah had created them. I guess I was just more confused as to why they showed up and why Elijah followed them.

Hopefully, this will all be explained in the next one.....

They were like CTU vampires busting a rogue Jack Bauer vampire because he had once again gotten out of control and was on a spree. Damage control to keep the heat off themselves.

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Look at it like three siblings going to drag their drunken father out of a bar after a binge.

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Klari

I hope they throw away his cigarettes too.

Why do I suddenly remember the anti-drug commercial where the father confronts his son with a cigar box full of drugs and paraphenalia and the father says,"I want to know WHERE you learned to do this stuff."

And the kid bursts out with,"You! I learned it from watching you!'

"I wanna know WHERE you learned to be a foul, undead thing."

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
kdubya

I really liked their interactions with the emperor, especially as they are leaving and Elijah tells him he has his city back. The Emperor is such a great character.

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
david

sequel?  Reply with quote  

I saw a couple of posts mentioning a sequel. Is that confirmed or just hopeful thinking? Knowing there's a sequel would make me feel better about the ending, which I felt was wrapped up a little too quickly. I was glad the animals were human again, but didn't like the way Tommy and Jody were left. And I thought Tommy should give the animals a little hell for turning on him like they did. And mostly I wanted to see Blue killed off because she is just an evil bitch.

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:04 pm   
Klari

My only complaint about the ending was it made me feel claustrophobic.

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
bleu

Re: sequel?  Reply with quote  

david wrote:
........ And mostly I wanted to see Blue killed off because she is just an evil bitch.

yea..you're not the first to say that.........

I haven't read the book yet....I'm such a slacker...I have the book and tommorow I will meet the AG for the first time...how will I ever face him? Embarassed

http://bleueyedgirl.blogspot.com/

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Xenogeist

bleu wrote:

I haven't read the book yet....I'm such a slacker...I have the book and tommorow I will meet the AG for the first time...how will I ever face him? Embarassed [/color][/b]

So, how did that go? Did you catch hell? I just finished it tonight, myself.

"My kingdom for a razor-blade cowcatcher and Cuisinart wheel covers to cut my path through this herd of ignorant peasant meat."

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

I finished the book just this evening (Feb. 1), so I was avoiding this topic until now.

As I was reading, I was at the point where three of the Animals had been turned, so I was thinking that those were the three vampires referred to in the thread-title. Silly me... Razz

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: