Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

To my cousin Americans....
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

What is -Canada's- Capital city? (Without cheating)
A. Toronto
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
B. Saskatoon
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
C. Ottawa
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MrEMann

And your point would really be?!?

Like you, I know more about your country than most here in the States, been through most of the provinces and had some real fun. But at the same time, I know many Canadians who have not a freakin clue one about what is going on here.

As for GWB, he's an idiot, everyone knows it, some deny it still, but they all know it.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lara

You do realize anyone could google the answer to almost any question you ask about Canada if they gave a shit.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Amigo

Oh, Canada!  Reply with quote  

Lara wrote:
You do realize anyone could google the answer to almost any question you ask about Canada if they gave a shit.

OUCH! Is this an example of the "ugly American?"

The American press tends to be very insular (with few exceptions) when it comes to reporting world news. Fortunately, the web does provide us with direct access to other news sources...the problem is trying to keep up with it all.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:23 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

I, too, hate pointless threads

There are much more interesting things to study than canadia*!

*SIC, MF!

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Yes, I know Tim Horton's. Stopped there for a light dinner on the way back from a day trip to Quebec City in August.

Very nice sandwich. And the menus were bilingual! Wink

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joelibris

mllefifi wrote:
And the menus were bilingual! Wink

They were in canadian AND American?

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Notdeadyet

OH PLEASE! What is this like the Canuck Borat?
Everybody knows what Timbits are.... they are the mini mite hockey teams that come over and kick our little players @$$! There are more 50% more Tim Horton's donut shops in my town than there are Dunkin' Donuts OR Krispy Kreme's. I spend more $ at Canadian Tire than at Walmart. I have been to Temagami (to canoe and take my kids to camp for the summer) and back 11 times in the last three years.... but maybe not this year... our mutual governments have decided we all need passports. That'll improve our relations! I love Canada, I am a stupid American... so what.. BTW are the Rideau canals frozen over so we can speedsk8 yet???..Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:17 am   View user's profile Send private message
dougp

This thread is spam, right? Why the fuck can't somebody stop this god awful spam? Native Hawaiians like spam. Nobody else likes spam. Damn the frostbacks and their spam!

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:21 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

Here I thought it was just someone venting again how her pretty sister got the invite to the prom while she sat at home wondering why nobody loved her.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Joelibris

Don't suppose she's Palmer in disguise-dah duh dah dah duh dah-with glasses...do ya?

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
twan_deeth_ree

Nobody here is dumb enough to fall for this obvious set-up.

(Like anyone is going to believe that you have TV in Canada!)

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:14 am   View user's profile Send private message
dougp

We Americans have more respect for Haiti than that French encrusted wasteland to the north. Haiti makes our baseballs. We can't even get good punch lines from Canada.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:24 am   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

Oh no the Canadians have declared war.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joelibris

Come on now, you gotta give 'em credit for Bob & Doug MacKenzie's "Twelve Days of Christmas".

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Notdeadyet

Don't forget Red Green Exclamation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show

Last edited by Notdeadyet on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:29 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: