Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> YOU SUCK: A Love Story

**SPOILER** and....done! ** SPOILER**

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
uncletammy

**SPOILER** and....done! ** SPOILER**  Reply with quote  

I stayed up till 3 and finished the book. I loved the book but I cant decide what I think about the ending. I was really hoping they would make up their minds to be together, vampire or not. It was a cool way to end the story though. I absolutly loved how closely this book tied in with A Dirty Job. Also, im really looking forward to future appearances from the cat.

I love these darker books. Keep up the good work Chris.

Id love to see more from

Lilly
Abbey
The Emperor, Laz, and (black) Bummer
Chet
Tommy and Jody (but I would hate to see either of them with someone else)

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
shilofreeze

I stayed up till 2:30 am tonight reading it. Read over 3 days. Incredible book...

*SHOCK it's nice to see someone acknowledge the Emperor. If I ever met the Emperor, I'd walk up to him and say "Hello, your majesty!"

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:07 am   View user's profile Send private message
aitros

stayed up till 2 am on day 2 to finish it...read Bloodsucking Fiends in less than 24 hrs

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
henwy

I had been really surprised to find that the Emperor had actually existed. The wikipedia pages provided a nice summary of his life. Sadly, I just couldn't see something similar to that happening today. Perhaps in a small town where everyone would pull together and play along but not in the cities. If an Emperor Norton existed today he'd probably be a figure for constant harassment.

Post Wed May 21, 2008 4:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
spacey4

my heart just rose and died. The Emporer is my favorite character in all the book. and you said he was REAL! and then i found out hes DEAD. i no longer have any reason to live, goodbye cruel world...

rose bud

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
MedeaViolia

Just finished it on my lunch break.. now I need to get another copy of Dity Job (Gave mine to a friend because I loved it so much and I thought he would love it to since he is so much a beta male)and re-read it to check all Lily's comments about Abi's "dark lord".

Loved it.

Cant wait for Bite me!

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
E. Q. Taft

MedeaViolia wrote:
Just finished it on my lunch break.. now I need to get another copy of Dity Job (Gave mine to a friend because I loved it so much and I thought he would love it to since he is so much a beta male)and re-read it to check all Lily's comments about Abi's "dark lord".!

I did notice on my recent re-reading that Abby does mention at one point that she is wearing red Converse All-Stars -- presumably the pair Lily gave her from the pile of "Do not sell" items in Charlie's shop -- and, therefore, presumably, by that point in the story, Abby has a soul.

As for the ending: on mulling it over, my advice as relationship counselor would be this:

Tommy should let Steve/Foo Dog treat him to reverse his vampirism, but Jody should remain a vampire. They should then move together out of San Francisco, since too many people there are aware of their natures -- I would suggest to New York, a good place for Tommy to keep working on being a writer. They could perhaps get some pets -- a pair of big dogs -- and between them and Tommy, Jody could keep herself fed without having to resort to hunting, at least very often.

Now, perhaps later, Tommy will change his mind about being a vampire; that's fine. Remember, he's several years younger than Jody. It might be just as well if he ages another ten years or so before changing, so he isn't stuck being 19 forever. She's 27 I think, so if he were around his early thirties they'd go together quite well. Conversely, by then, Jody might decide she doesn't care for being a vampire after all, so they should stay in touch with Steve, just in case.

OK, putting way too much thought into this. Actually, of course, they should do whatever will make for the best and funniest story in the next book. Smile
To get a little feel
of my own faulty bagnose.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr. Mister

Baaaah.

********SPOILER**************

The thing that's killing me is that Tommy never learned to mist. And now he's encased in bronze.

The ending terrified me. Appropriate to character behavior, but jeezus. It's like... everyone turned out fine or dead in the end, but the protagonists are suspended in a statue. Presumably forever. Alive.

***********/SPOILER*************

I'm terrified. Not disappointed. Just. *shudder*

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ginjg

fear not Mr. Mister, Jody likely will teach him to mist in the sanctum of their bronze abode - to enjoy orgasmic melding or just to be ease the bordom

ANDů the trequel is in the works right now

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr. Mister

Oh boy! Haha, but nevertheless, until said trequel comes out, I'm stuck in my own little world where Jody gets to mist all over the place and never comes out because she can't take the immobility and ubiquitous darkness, and poor Tommy just loses his mind in slightly damp clothing.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wonko

Mr. Mister wrote:
Oh boy! Haha, but nevertheless, until said trequel comes out, I'm stuck in my own little world where Jody gets to mist all over the place and never comes out because she can't take the immobility and ubiquitous darkness, and poor Tommy just loses his mind in slightly damp clothing.

Just remember: Jody had never been able to mist before she was encased in bronze, either, and she figured it out in one night. Granted, Tommy is a much slower learner, but he's had more time to practice.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
girlEgirl

henwy wrote:
I had been really surprised to find that the Emperor had actually existed. The wikipedia pages provided a nice summary of his life. Sadly, I just couldn't see something similar to that happening today. Perhaps in a small town where everyone would pull together and play along but not in the cities. If an Emperor Norton existed today he'd probably be a figure for constant harassment.

actually when i was homeless in sf for 5 years , i ran into several characters like this. when i asked chris about if the emperor was based on a real man, he told the story of the real emperor. it reminded me of what a tolerant and diverse city that san francisco really is. having grown up in a small town with a schizophrenic dad, i hear to tell you that people in small towns can be equally small-minded when it comes to men with mental health problems.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr. Mister

Wonko wrote:
Mr. Mister wrote:

Just remember: Jody had never been able to mist before she was encased in bronze, either, and she figured it out in one night. Granted, Tommy is a much slower learner, but he's had more time to practice.

Haha, alright, you've relieved a little bit of my anxiety. But I still just. Agh. Now I know there's another one on the way and I'm going to be all jittery because I want to know what happens next.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: