Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

^^ Hello~!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Margaritaville

^^ Hello~!  Reply with quote  

Just an introduction for me. ^^

I was at the book signing last night in Charlotte and became convinced that, despite my fear of newbie-status, I have to come here more often.

So here I be! Yes, my forum-name is from Jimmy Buffet. My real name is Holly. As you can see from my avy and sig, I have a thing for anime/manga. I'm 23. I'm a liberal art graduate - English - which means everyone assumes I'm actually unsuited for any job, so I'm working as a temp until I can find someone to hire me. I think it's the philosophy minor that really puts'em off though.

^^ So hello and happy to be here!

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nevermore26

Welcome, Holly! I'm sure someone will be along soon to get you all indoctr...err, comfy in our little cul...err, boardello. Mr. Green

BTW, I think your sig will finally push me to install my new widescreen monitor. Laughing

Nevermore...

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Margaritaville

XD fear the width of the anime icon banner

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Hi Holly- welcome to the board!

So... are you bringing us a Margarita pie?

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Margaritaville

^^() You probably wouldn't want it. I can bake anything, given the proper recipe, but I don't the slightest idea what a margarita actually tastes like. Except there's supposedly limes involved. But I don't drink alcohol (yes, I'm old enough - I just don't like the taste of it). So... maybe I'll get my mother to do the taste-testing and bring you guys one after-all XD

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vgndoll

welcome.

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Welcome.
Margaritaville huh? Well call a town meeting, get everyone nekked
tell em all to sit on a pile o' books an' start a' postin.

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Margaritaville

Key lime pie and a tequila shot...him...

You know, I think I'll make that this summer sometime. ^^ I adore trying new stuff with pies and cakes. Last year I did various experiments with cool whip as an icing, since "real" icing is so heavy in the summer heat. Takes a lot of kool-aid to actually get the orange taste coming through, but orange and chocolate cake is such a good flavor. XD

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lib

Welcome to the boardello. Smile

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Raynne

Re: ^^ Hello~!  Reply with quote  

[quote=" I'm a liberal art graduate - English - which means everyone assumes I'm actually unsuited for any jobquote]

Hello. With both an English and a Studio Art degree, I, too, am unsuited for the work place. Rolling Eyes I feel your pain.

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

Hello! There are a few anime/manga fans on the Boardello, I know of KN and myself, so welcome!

Paging Dr. Goudron! Time for the newbie search! ^_^ You'll be fine. Just offer lots of pies.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Margaritaville

^^ Yee~! Fellow unemployed people and anime fans. Now I feel right at home. ^_^

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vgndoll

so, wait, i'm unemployed bc i majored in english and philosophy in college? so my uncle was right....i should have been in business? i refuse to believe it.

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Let's see, I have degrees in art & psychology-
all liberal arts degrees count about the same
& qualify you to say, "Would you like fries with that?"

Doesn't matter, I got my education & now study quantum physics on my own...
I'm not unemployed, I'm an independent researcher!

BTW: We used to make a daiquiri pie from the Bacardi mixers, I figured that if you add
a little Triple Sec to that mix, it would the same be a margarita...

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Margaritaville

^^ Thanks for the recipe tips Zendao. I don't think I can't wait till summer to make it! It gets warm early here afterall.... so I'll plan it for March. ^^ I'll let everyone know how it tastes XD

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: