Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

New Meat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CheshireFrog

New Meat  Reply with quote  

It looks like it's considered bad form to post here without introducing yourself, so here goes:

I'm former military, retired now for eight years after serving 21 years in the Air Force. My last assignment was Cheyenne Mountain here in Colorado Springs, an experience only slightly less painful than trying to boil and eat your own foot.

I am a geek, currently working as a database analyst for a solutions provider.

I have read all of the AGs books and loved them all, Fluke slightly less than the others.

If you press me about pie I will provide it, but you should know that despite the fact that I claim to have made it myself, it actually came from the Village Inn near where I work.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
vgndoll

welcome.

pie is good whether you make it or buy it.

there are others who will say hi and maybe say things about pie and rules. have fun.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:18 am   View user's profile Send private message
LostInWalmart

As you were.

Welcome to the board, frog guy. Just to warn you, there will be nudity, probing, and pie. Possibly not in that order.

Someone will be along shortly to explain the enlistment/comissioning process. In the meantime, please discard any contraband, especially as it relates to Ann Coulter. You may want to wear a robe until Joe shows up. It gets chilly in here.

Carry on.

LIW

ps - "Solutions Provider" always seems like someone who helps you cheat on a math test.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:23 am   View user's profile Send private message
CheshireFrog

LostInWalmart wrote:
As you were.

Welcome to the board, frog guy. Just to warn you, there will be nudity, probing, and pie. Possibly not in that order.

No stranger to probing here. You did, however, use the words "Ann Coulter" and "nudity" in the same post, causing me to throw away the rest of the bagel I was eating.

LostInWalmart wrote:

ps - "Solutions Provider" always seems like someone who helps you cheat on a math test.

Yeah, it's a dumb term, but it beats "the guy I call when I want someone else to do my job for me."

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
LostInWalmart

CheshireFrog wrote:
You did, however, use the words "Ann Coulter" and "nudity" in the same post, causing me to throw away the rest of the bagel I was eating.

methinks you'll do just fine here. Wink

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:43 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

CheshireFrog, welcome to the boardello! I like your avatar with your name, it made me smile this morning.

Don't mind LIW, he makes everyone a little nauseous. Razz

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

New Meat? Would that be frogs leg surprise?
On the subject of pie, no, you needn't have made it yourself.
Having one with you at all times, will get you past most security checkpoints.
Being ex-Air Force and from Cheyenne Mountain,
you'll no doubt get some SG-1 questions.
I'm sure you're used to that.
Get nekked, sit down and post often.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
Margaritaville

Yes. SG-1 questions are a must. Did you meet any sexy alien-studying doctors during your time there?

... I'm new too, so I thought I'd say hi. ^^ It was mentioned there'd be a stack of books and a choice of pie to eat while naked. I think I'll choose oreo. Oreos are nice in any form. Hm.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CheshireFrog

Margaritaville wrote:
Yes. SG-1 questions are a must. Did you meet any sexy alien-studying doctors during your time there?

In the interest of saving anyone the effort of making the pilgrimage here in the hopes of seeing either aliens or sexy alien-studying doctors, you should know that Cheyenne Mountain only tracks the aliens. The actual aliens, live, dead or frozen, and their attendant sexy doctors, (and doctoral candidates), are kept at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, the former home of Project Bluebook. I theorize that this is so the aliens can pass unnoticed in public.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:51 am   View user's profile Send private message
twan_deeth_ree

Quote:
are kept at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, the former home of Project Bluebook. I theorize that this is so the aliens can pass unnoticed in public.

I live about 10 miles from Wright Patt.

Little known fact - Dayton, Ohio is the center of the known universe. I know, sounds crazy, but that's the universe - crazy. Talk to god if you have a problem with it.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message
vgndoll

twan_deeth_ree wrote:
Quote:
are kept at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, the former home of Project Bluebook. I theorize that this is so the aliens can pass unnoticed in public.

Little known fact - Dayton, Ohio is the center of the known universe. I know, sounds crazy, but that's the universe - crazy. Talk to god if you have a problem with it.

umm, god, it's me....i thought i was the center of the universe. what happened?

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message
twan_deeth_ree

You musta pissed him off. He's a testy bastard.

(I know 'cause I read it in some book or something).

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Regardless of where you got the pie, it is the pre-empmtive Ann bashing that gets you out of the cavity search. Unless you're sexy, in which case...

<<<SNAP!!!>>>

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Amigo

HUH?!?!?!  Reply with quote  

Joelibris wrote:
Regardless of where you got the pie, it is the pre-empmtive Ann bashing that gets you out of the cavity search. Unless you're sexy, in which case...

<<<SNAP!!!>>>

Butt, butt, Joe, it could be a ruse! You know how those military types like to obfuscate.

Sexy or not, please do your "duty," and DIG IN!

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message
CheshireFrog

twan_deeth_ree wrote:

I grew up in Fairborn, attended Park Hills my first two years of high school, and (I kid you not) Greene Joint vocational school my last two years. You gotta love being able to put Greene Joint on a resume.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: