Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> YOU SUCK: A Love Story

Chet and Behemoth

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mllefifi

Chet and Behemoth  Reply with quote  

I was wondering if anyone else wondered whether the character of Chet in You Suck might have been inspired (in a mild, indirect way) by Behemoth in Bulgakov's Master and Margarita.

Or maybe I should be wondering why I'm pretending to make literary analysis when that's not my forte at all.

We could ask Chris, I suppose, but hopefully he's getting some well-deserved sleep now. Rolling Eyes Shhhhh!!!! Don't wake him! Wink

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Notdeadyet

OMG.... I can read and speak English barely and that's about it, so why on earth would you worry ..... but yeah, that.....BUT did you see the cat as black?? because I remember him grey, I don't know if AG wrote that or that's just what I saw when I read it..But of course, the cat doesn't talk,but he is unnaturally big.... he does end up living in their apartment right? Now that the cat is a vampire AND big he could accompany Elijah or anyone really, and cause chaos... heck maybe he will speak???? there really should be a sequel.................so.....and WHY for god sakes is the emperor in my mind always wearing leather boots and a vest like the guy in And Quiet Flows the Don???? You know the old cossack fishing for carp??? O.K> never mind...that's just totally unrelated...... it makes sense to me.... but I don't know if that's a good thing...but surely the AG has read it.... black humor and all... censorship etc.

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Notdeadyet wrote:
[...] but surely the AG has read it.... black humor and all... censorship etc.

And don't call me Shirley! Wink

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tal

I envisioned the huge cat Chet like our huge cat Charlie.

Example

So a Maine Coon. Smile

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Here's a Youtube video showing a black cat watching a computer-video excerpt from Master and Margarita featuring Behemoth. The computer-video is from the 10-part miniseries made in Russia a couple years ago.

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
lilbeautiful555

even tho i have no idea wht behemoth is [sry if i spelled it wrong] but i think chris wanted a cat and made the cat tie everything together. Very Happy

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: