Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> YOU SUCK: A Love Story

Abby
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lib

Abby  Reply with quote  

I love this character! Chris, it makes me smile just to think about her. She's great! I'd love to see Matthew Stewart do a illustration of her!

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:09 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

When I first read this, I was half asleep & thought it said Martha Stewart!
But Abby had me giggling all the way through the book too... somebody needs to do an illustration of her!

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Maybe we should have a contest for who can do the best audio excerpt voicing of Abby's diary. Cool

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lib

zendao42 wrote:
When I first read this, I was half asleep & thought it said Martha Stewart!

Now, that would not be a "good thing".

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko

This is the image I had in my head of what Abby looked like while I was reading. I apologize, Little Fairy, if you take offence. None was meant.

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Darquewillow_Lily

Wonko wrote:
This is the image I had in my head of what Abby looked like while I was reading. I apologize, Little Fairy, if you take offence. None was meant.

I buy that one more than I buy the ones on Abby's Myspace. For some reason, that girl does not look like the Abby I pictured. No offense to whoever that is. Or Little Fairy.

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
little_fairy

Wonko wrote:

Of course I don't take offence! Abby is one of my favorite characters. I'm flattered.

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
knikkki

Chris has an "Abbv" in his MySpace top friends. It's an awesome profile, but she hasn't logged in since the beginning of January. Sad

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Darquewillow_Lily

Chris has ruined me though. I was trying to read other books in diary style and all I could think of was how Abby would say this.

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Aubie

Abby rocked. I can't wait to see her pop up in other books...that would rock my socks off!

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Wonko wrote:
t

I agree. I think LF looks more like what I had in mind when I wrote Abby. Unforntunately, I had a very small pool of women from which to draw.

As for the Abby profile, it turns out that Abby's stuff is very hard to write, and I didn't have time with the release of the book to keep up with it.

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
polkadot

I agree that Abby was a fun character. It turns out I didn't read the jacket and know about Abby, it's a Christopher Moore book...don't need to read the jacket to know it will be good! When Jody ended the life of terminally ill James O'Mally (was he in another book? the name sounds familiar, I just can't remember all the minor characters...and sometimes major ones =/) and dropped off his cigarette case at Asher's, my heart was racing in anticipation that Lilly would be the assistant! I loved Lilly's character in Dirty Job and was kinda bummed she wasn't the assistant, but Abby definately didn't let me down.

Would have been neat if Jody brought home Lilly and Flood brought home Abby, the whole sibling rivalry thing.

As for trying to compare Abby to pictures, I think one of my favorite things about books, rather than movies, is that the characters fit perfectly with how you imagine them to be....everyone's mental image is different, everyone's mental image is perfect for themselves. It's kind of like when you are coresponding with people you have never seen...and then meet them, they just don't seem like the same person, they weren't the person you saw in your head. Movies do that too, the actors just don't match what you saw in your head.

Post Sat May 05, 2007 10:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Xenogeist

Wonko wrote:

I'm definitely in agreement. That will always be how I picture her in my mind now if Chris writes of her again.

"My kingdom for a razor-blade cowcatcher and Cuisinart wheel covers to cut my path through this herd of ignorant peasant meat."

Post Sat May 12, 2007 11:45 am   View user's profile Send private message
lilbeautiful555

how abby looks  Reply with quote  

i always pictured abby as this petite 14 year old girl with massive eye-liner running down her cheeks, a black and red dress with puffs on the sleeves, a black and red tutu-looking skirt, and fish-net leggings with combat boots and a who-the-fuck-cares additude.
kick ass goth girl right there

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sal

I loved her so much I thought she deserved her own book. She seems so much like an anime type character to me. Adorable and I really looked forever to her diary entries in the book.

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: